Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Service Ever - Think I need to leave O2

dillonspopps
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Monday 17th October I lost my iPad(07xxxxxxxx2) and called o2 to report the lost/theft.  The person I spoke to said she would place a bar on the device and assured me everything would be done hassle free.  After coming off the phone I realised that I no longer had any service on my iPhone(07xxxxxxxx4) to which I just thought it was because I was on a train journey.  An hour later I still didn't have any service so I called o2 to which the customer adviser said there was nothing wrong with my phone and it should be working just fine.

After several days of calling o2, on Wednesday 19th October an adviser discovered that my iPhone has also been blocked by whoever placed the bar unto my iPad, apologised and promised to have the block removed in 24 hours.

That time passed and still no service so I called o2 again and again I was told there's no bar on my iPhone but after persistently refusing to accept this, the customer advisor discovered there's still a block on my iPhone and said he would have to fill in a form and I would have to wait 24 hours again.....I already had asked to for a call back from a manager since Tuesday on my office desk phone and still no call back..and when I asked to speak to one they said she would be happy to speak to me but it would have to be a call back within 24 hours.

I am so appalled about this service and to be honest I have never experienced anything this bad, I have had no service for 4 days now and it seems to me all the customer advisors at o2 have no clue what they're doing.  Every time I call an automated service voice requests my number and my password and when I finally do get through to a real person they do the exact procedure again, complete waste of time.

I cannot wait to do away with my contract after this and no £10 off my next month's bill is going to make a difference, purely a complete slap in the face for paying £38 monthly for a 5gb tariff...should have listened to my friends. And another thing o2 customer service lines need some form of maintenance because it goes silent several times when both myself and the advisor are talking and to make matters worse lines often disconect....

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's a sorry tale for sure but one we can't help with.
For what it's worth you should start with a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain and take it from there, but reports of poor CS are somewhat common these days unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 19

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @dillonspopps, welcome to the community! Sorry to hear about the issues here. Feel free to PM me and we'll do all we can to help slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 19

dillonspopps
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Customers services do not have a clue in the world what day it is.....I eventually spoke to a manager on Saturday who told me it would take 72 hours to have this resolved....I find this very hard to believe so as I write this email to you i'm on the phone to O2 again...and guess what still the same rubbish. Ive just been told that the form filled out has the wrong IMEI number on it...what in the hell is going on......8 days and counting without a phone and no one seems to be able to get to the bottom of it....I have said time and time again that there's obviously some type of technical issue/glitch they need to look into but it seems at o2 everyone is a robot and just follow in a programmed manner. Time to pay of the rest of my contract...
Message 4 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @dillonspopps,

I have sent another PM to you.

Get involved:

Message 5 of 19

dillonspopps
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

72 hours has gone by and this useless network still has not sorted my phone out......I have now been asked to wait another 24 hours. This is now beyond madness and surely this is grounds to get out of this contract....

Message 6 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I would be emailing the ceo right now tbh......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @dillonspopps,

Are the team looking into your issue, or have they said return to them in 24 hours?

Get involved:

Message 8 of 19

dillonspopps
  • 10 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Toby....customer service have no idea or training to resolve complex matters such as this...I have asked time and time again for someone a bit more technical to look at this but those people (back room staff) seem to be robots aswell..this is a breach of contract...full stop...nobody's listening, they do the same things over and over again..its boring now...crap network, crap staff...im sorry what is that you do pls because all you do is just ask me questions?  Told you what the issue is, what more do you need to know...boring tbh...

Message 9 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @dillonspopps,

I need to know what you were last told, so that I can know whether I can help speed it up for you. I know what the issue is, bu need to know the latest in order to think of next steps. I cannot directly access your account info in my position here on the community. Have they said that your service will resume, or to come back to them after 24 hours?

To answer your other question, I'm the community head and I ensure the community works and that everyone is able to get involved in conversations, give and ask for advice, as well as helping members to create cool reviews and guides slight_smile

Get involved:

Message 10 of 19