Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it SO hard to get to speak to someone at O2, what a nightmare

Yangster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was an O2 customer and now find that O2 have ruined my personal credit rating, be careful everyone, even though I paid off the account it STILL sits on my credit file as a default and O2 refuse to take it off even though I can prove payment.

Can't get hold of anyone at O2 that can help me, all I need is some way of contacting the right person.

HELP

Simon

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@O2Georgina wrote:

Hi @Cleoriff  Thanks for the tag, @Yangster  I will send you a private message so we can look in to your query

Thanks @O2Georgina thumbsup

@Yangster  it's @O2Georgina  looking at this, not @O2Lisa 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 23

Yangster
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK, but like I say @O2Georgina if this is not sorted by lunchtime then The Game will certainly be on... On Twitter, on LinkedIn, on YouTube, on Insta, on Facebook..... ON everywhere!

Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Yangster 

Please don't take this attitude with someone who has no idea of your issue and only came to the forum to assist a few weeks ago. She is trying to sort things for you. Just leave her to do her job.

Thanks.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

Yangster
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa  @O2Georgina @Cleoriff @MI5 

Here is a copy of the video that will be going out later today if I don't get someone on the phone this morning and get this sorted out.

Message 14 of 23

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The mistake you made was not paying.
The default is legitimate so there's no reason to remove it. I honestly can't see this complaint going anywhere unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 23

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12070 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Sounds like you signed the contract as an individual and not a business.
Once the contract is in place, as far as I know, you cannot transfer it to another person (or in your case a company).
As @MI5 points out, stopping paying them caused the mark on your credit rating as you had breached the terms of the contract.
Getting this off your credit score now is unlikely unless o2 failed to follow the normal process (adding the default after 3 failed payments).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 23

Yangster
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The point is that they LEGALLY MUST mark it as SATISFIED. That is what they are FAILING to do.

Message 17 of 23

Yangster
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

And we have now reached lunchtime and NO RESPONSE from O2.... what a surprise! 

I fully understand that it is a default, BUT they MUST inform the credit agencies legally that the debt has been paid off, meaning it then shows as SATISFIED - lenders look 1000x better on a SATISFIED rather than a DEFAULT.... SO YES I WILL BE PUSHING O2 for an apology and quick resolution to this.

Nice to see they have a team of keyboard warriors to defend then and then leave it to you guys rather than actually try to help someone!

Remeber guys I have been at this MONTHS and they are still not helping.

Message 18 of 23

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I assume that you are aware that you can put a notice of correction on your own credit file?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 23

Yangster
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

TRIED THAT.... Both Equifax and Experian have been requested to do it, both contacted O2.... O2 replied to both of them saying NO WE WILL NOT ACCEPT THE CORRECTION.... So, therefore I am stuck.

The banks and building societies don't care about a 'notice of correction' especially when it still shows a default, it's a bit like asking them to trust me rather than the facts on the account.... The facts are O2 are refusing to mark this as PAID when they have been PAID.... ARRRGGHHH this is a JOKE.

How much compensation should I ask for £10K?? £20K?? 

Message 20 of 23