cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is O2 so useless? - anyone else having connection problems in N22?

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been having problems with O2 connectvity at our house for 4 months now. Despite complaints online, twitter, chat, phone and finally the complaints service, they still can't seem to sort it out. How can a mast takes 4  months to fix. And even trying to phone up to cancel the contract is useless, you just sit in a queue and never get to speak to anyone. I will never give them any business anymore.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are told factors such as parts , available engineers, weather and sometimes access to private land can all play a part.

Unfortunately O2 won't / cannot give repair timescales.
Message 2 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
What exactly is the issue?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The status page says there has been work on the masts in the past 24 hours...if you've had this problem for 4 months and gone down the complaints route I would be complaining again and asking to leave my contract without penalty.

Live results for N22, London, London

• Our network is currently working fine
    We've been working on phone masts in this area in the past 24 hours. Sorry if you couldn't use your phone.
    Updated 10:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I am trying to establish if it is a 3g data congestion issue or not as this won't show as an issue on the status checker......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I'm having no problem in N22. My phone is showing 4G. I use Tesco Mobile now, after having been with O2 for a very long time, but Tesco uses the O2 network, so my signal should be the same as the OP's. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thanks for the tip off jonsie - looks very much like we've done all we can in the past......

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Yuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unable to speak to a human being !

Message 9 of 10

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6258 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

@Yuk This thread is 9 years old!

We are customers here. If you want to speak to O2 

Various ways and phone numbers  in the guide 

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 10