cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are o2 so useless and how long does it really take to close an account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I returned an iphone 11 Pro and watch on Thursday. I have proof that they were signed for my O2 on Friday. I called to close my account but was told it would be 3 working days for O2 to know that they had been recieved. I was told that the watch was signed in there end already. I went onto chat this morning and was told that neither had been signe in and that it would be 5 days. After two weeks of being lied to as a new O2 customer - who wants to close their account - how long will I really have to wait to close it and get my money back (including the money for recycling my old phone which I asked to be credited to my account)?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Anything up to 2 weeks for O2 to clear your account, but please keep chasing them as you may find some one to speed it up for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous 

Anything up to 2 weeks for O2 to clear your account, but please keep chasing them as you may find some one to speed it up for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply. To be honest, I would rather minimise any contact with them as their inconsistancy of information is winding me up too much.

Message 3 of 5

Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive been trying to cancel my o2 account for 3 month and they still sending me bills most pathetic customer relations i have ever had

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@11 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5