cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the love for long term loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i've been a loyal o2 customer for over 8 years now.  

My o2 contract is due for renewal on the 12th of this month (November 2012) so I thought I would contact an advisor through the chat system to see what offers/discounts o2 could give me against an iPhone 5.

I got nowhere!  The advisors excuse was that all payment plans are pre-set and that there is no leway for change, the advisor couldn't even move my upgrade date forward by two weeks!!

It seems that o2 are happy to make us fork out hundreds of pounds purchasing a handset year after year and then hundreds more on monthly contracts (on average £40 per month @ £480 per year) to run them but they are not prepared to give anything back, not even 2 weeks advance on an upgrade!

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Orange have activated 4G and so o2 sales will be effected.  

I think it may be prudent to wait until my contract has finished, then move over to Orange!

thoughts?!

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
mind tbh

depending o finance next yr I may have roaming go payg and if so. I'd prob join GG. u want argue with their pricing and packages.

as hopefully I should be getting a bonus soon so I'll prob get a tablet sell my sgs3 and get a basic phone. lol

I mean o2 network and their deals. no fail as far as I see it.

I could do a decent call text package n a data only SIM for the tablet and do it for less than £20 month
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 61 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Lets be honest with some of the discounts gg have the prolific posters on here would have free contracts:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 62 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aashiq, 

Sorry but what does this post mean

Whats a free upgrade, NOTHING is free. Iphone 5 costs £529.00 sim free.

So on a on & on tariff £26.00 iphone 5 costs £249.00
24 months of 26.00pm x £624.00 + £249.00 = £873.00

so please do not say that getting a free phone is a incentive because its not a free phone.

I upgrade my phone I get the phone for free and I pay the line rental attached to that phone.
You choose the Iphone 5 as a example but failed to show other upgrade deals on the the phone companies. How much are they?

Message 63 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I think what he's trying to say is that you inevitably pay for the phone through the tariff.

Essentially a finance option for the phone with the added network abilities.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 64 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get that fella but he forgot to add the the cost of the sim free contract on to the costs or the fact that most people that want the phone do not have £500 plus up front.

Message 65 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry:( it's early.

Should of realised you wernt stumped by the post haha.

Sincere apologises.
Message 66 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am stumped but not by the post lol

Message 67 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, it's me again!

I managed to get O2 to move forward my upgrade date by one week (eventually) and so I've stayed.  I was never expecting them to move heaven and earth, I just wanted a jesture of appreciation for the thousands of pounds i've spent with them over the years.

I'm pleased to read that I'm not the only one who believes a large corporation should work to keep it's customers and not rest on it's laurels.  

I agree with comments about there being no free upgrade, for example if I'd moved from o2 to orange I would've got the same phone for the same tariff which means i'm not being upgraded, i'm just running a new tariff with a new phone (for that tariff).  

Let us also remember that there's probably a small chinese firm churning out these smart phones for pittance.

Message 68 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Foxconn
Message 69 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Glad to hear you've got it sorted out:)

Message 70 of 71