cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the love for long term loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, i've been a loyal o2 customer for over 8 years now.  

My o2 contract is due for renewal on the 12th of this month (November 2012) so I thought I would contact an advisor through the chat system to see what offers/discounts o2 could give me against an iPhone 5.

I got nowhere!  The advisors excuse was that all payment plans are pre-set and that there is no leway for change, the advisor couldn't even move my upgrade date forward by two weeks!!

It seems that o2 are happy to make us fork out hundreds of pounds purchasing a handset year after year and then hundreds more on monthly contracts (on average £40 per month @ £480 per year) to run them but they are not prepared to give anything back, not even 2 weeks advance on an upgrade!

What makes this even more unbelievable is that Orange have activated 4G and so o2 sales will be effected.  

I think it may be prudent to wait until my contract has finished, then move over to Orange!

thoughts?!

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Giff gaff is part of o2, not a separate company
Message 51 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whats a free upgrade, NOTHING is free. Iphone 5 costs £529.00 sim free.

So on a on & on tariff £26.00 iphone 5 costs £249.00
24 months of 26.00pm x £624.00 + £249.00 = £873.00

so please do not say that getting a free phone is a incentive because its not a free phone.
Message 52 of 71

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

The free was in ''. Wasn't a literal free.

Pretty sure giff gaff is a separate company. They utilise o2s network yes. They are ram as a independant company. 

But they are the same company in the way that tescos is a part of o2.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 53 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Giffgaff is a mobile phone service based in the United Kingdom. It operates as a mobile virtual network operator using the O2 network. It is owned by Telefónica and was launched on 25 November 2009.[3]
Giffgaff differs from conventional mobile phone operators in that the users of the service may also participate in certain aspects of the company's operation, e.g. sales, customer service and marketing. In return for this activity, the user receives remuneration through a system called "Payback"
Message 54 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 55 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
To use your preferred source of information (wiki)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/O2_(United_Kingdom)

Check out who the parent company is on both sources:)

It isn't a part of O2 it is a part of Telefonica which O2 is also a part of.

Individual companies.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 56 of 71

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
I think these days there are very few completely independent companies.

I noticed this a lot when working in call centres
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 57 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
There is a few of these parent companies who tend to own everything.

Vw for one owning so many various brands. They act independant but report to the parent company.

Coca cola is another one owning/producing an obscene amount of different drink brands.

Mars produces a large percentage off pet food in the world yet also produce the mars bar 😮 (that's a wierd one)
Message 58 of 71

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
There is a few of these parent companies who tend to own everything.

You are so right, I used to work in the Shell building many years ago and the panelled entrance hall they had the names of all the subsidiary companies, and there were hundreds of them.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 59 of 71

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Disgusting isn't it haha.

Where's Robin Hood:)
Message 60 of 71