Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Whats your monthly Data usage ?

Hi,
Recently after buying the iphone 4 I realised that payg tariff I was on that included 500mb internet usage, was not going to be enough for the month.
I now have changed my tariff to the payg simplicity one with 1gb usage.
Im hoping that's going to be enough !
I use my phone everyday for internet use and consider myself as a heavy user.
Whats your activity per day and your typical usage per month ?
Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: Whats your monthly Data usage ?

I must say I think 500Mb a month is far too low for most smart-phone users.
My usage is about 430Mb and I still have a week before the end of my billing month.
When you consider I haven't used more than a couple of short Youtube videos, and the rest is just email, Twitter, Facebook and the other normal updates for apps etc, I think 1Gb is the minimum O2 should have in their packages for smart-phones.
Fortunately I'm on a legacy unlimited data package, but I can feel sympathy for those that aren't.
It's ok for those who can use wi-fi but for various reasons many won't be able to, this would have included me when I was at work, travelling in remote rural areas.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Topics: 24
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Not if you're on a Blackberry it isn't! Mind you I don't do the youtube thing but other use doesn't really go above 250MB on a heavy month. When you've got no 3G signal at home, that BB compression is worth it.
Half the problem is that the end website doesn't think about the type of device being used to access so the fault lies at the developers end and creating rich media to impress everyone is becoming a killer when these apps scale up with demand. Again, the pluses of the BB server is understated.
The other half is the obvious network capacity but unfortunately the boom in smartphone usage at the lower end wasn't exactly a consideration at the planning level. I digress though.
Agree though 1GB should be the minimum offering, I could easily burn through 500MB once I get my own server up and running.
Highlighted
Anonymous

This month 996.07 MB so far. But this is not a normal month as at home my wifi is hit and miss, everywhere else I get wifi no bother. So lord knows what it will be by the end of the month. Smiley Mad
Highlighted
Anonymous

I suppoose one good thing is that 02 wont charge you for going over your data allowance, but choke the speed until you either purchase a bolt on or your anniversary date kicks in.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I suppoose one good thing is that 02 wont charge you for going over your data allowance, but choke the speed until you either purchase a bolt on or your anniversary date kicks in.

Like Perksie I don't have a data allowance! Smiley Very Happy It is handy at the minute, saying that though I don't usually quite hit 1GB for the whole month.