cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was I lied to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys, just here wondering if anyone could help me with this. 

I finished my montly contract over a year ago, and have since been on rolling monthly contracts. 

At the beginning of the month, I decided to finally cancel this and spoke to an online O2 staff guy about this. After a lot of effort I managed to get it cancelled. 

I know you have to allow 30 days notice or so which I was fine with, but from what the guy told me I was under the impression that instead of my last monthly payment (which got taken out today) I would make one last smaller payment on the very final day (which according to my bill summary is still scheduled to come out on the 8th Feb). 

I specifically asked the guy if monthly bills are for the coming month, and if the 8th Feb payement would be instead of the end of Jan payment. He answered both with a straight out "Yes."

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Risk what exactly, you only have to wait for the bill?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does that come before the actual payment then? Because usually the first I know about it is when the money has been taken out of my account. 

Message 12 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your bill always comes out 2 weeks before they take payment. You seem hell bent on ignoring or arguing with anything we say to you though so just do as you please....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You have been with O2 for at least 2 years and you have no idea when your bills come out?

I don't know what is so hard to understand, good luck with whatever you decide! Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if I am a bit off, I'm not usually like this slight_frown I'm sure most would be at least a bit miffed if money was geting taken form them which they believe shouldn't have been. 

And yes this is my first time ending any kinda of contract whatsoever, so it's all new to me. 

Guess I will wait a few days until my bill comes then. Thanks for the help guys slight_smile And again, sorry if I came across negatively. 

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Listen to these guys good advice, wait until your bill or ask for your pac. Good luck with whatever you choose

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
To get a rough idea of what you'll get back:

- if your account closes half-way through a monthly period then 1/2 what your bill would normally be, thats what you'll get back

- if 1 week, divide by 4 and x 3

- if 3 weeks, divide by 4

This assumes no other charges than line rental.
Message 17 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You may well find that your final bill will be a credit which you can then get paid into your account. Rest assured you only pay for the service or goods received. O2 aren't out to diddle anyone.

Message 18 of 18