cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Rejection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I earn a good wage, in excess of £35k a year, I have a mortgage for over £170k and over 70k equity in my propertyI owe nothing on credit cards, have never been blacklisted or subject to a CCJMy bank account has in excess of 3.5k a month paid in and I am a former pay monthly customer with you and have a mobile contract with Orange which is £50.00 per month.

That contract expired and I thought I'd return to O2 as the service with Orange was poorOn spending over an hour selecting a plan for a Samsung Galaxy S3, provided all of my details and arranged the contract, the credit check bounced back with a conditional offer, £400.00 deposit required....

I have confirmed with my bank there are no issues and checked with Experian on my credit scoringPlease can you explain why I cannot afford a £36.00 a month contract and justify thisIt seems as though I have been unfairly disadvantaged and when contacting your credit scoring company, I have to wait 10days for a reply

Clearly my custom and money is not wanted by O2I suspect the issue is I am not on the voters register but there is a legitimate reason for this (work purposes) but nobody has had the manner sor courtesy to askI own my property have done so for 6 years, I'm married and dont have a criminal record

Whats wrong with my money as I see no reason why I should pay such a deposit to then not get it back and have my money put into an account to pay my bills??????  Customer Service is poor and when this matter is finally resolved, I look forward to sharing it......

A very disapointed customer!!!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Normally not on the electoral roll is a flat out rejection. At least you have been offered to option to pay a (refundable) deposit.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You are not addressing O2 here, give them a ring and ask for the Credit Referrals department whi may be able to help.

I hope there aren't any scammers reading your personal information on the public forum!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which one would understand however, if for the purposes of a business interest/work precluded you from being attached to it, seems illogical one cannot be offered a contract, especially when attached to an Orange contract.  The evidence of my home living can be provided as well as my home ownership. 

It seems customer service has gone 😞

Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried calling, all calls refused and they ask for an email.  Nobody from O2 seems interested in helping.... As a customer I'm having to sort it out which is totally inaapropriate....

Message 5 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As stated above this will have to go through the Credit Referalls Team - It's not something that normal CS can advise on and as any communication will form part of a legally binding contract it must all be in writing. You must get issues with other credit requests no matter where from if you're not on the electoral roll, regardless of having a good reason? If the computer says "No"......etc.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, just o2...

CS would have been able to adduce previous evidence of my former customer status though

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

you need to be on the electoral for at least 6-12 months before you are considered as mi5 has continually stated to you, listen to him please

Message 8 of 17

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
You could try instore. They seem to be willing to play around with the system a bit more normally.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 9 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately this was in store.

The point I am making is professional restrictions have prohibited me being on the voters list.  Irrespective of the need to be on that I am;

1) A previous customer with an address for O2 - has not assisted

2) More than able to pay - as orange will evidence.

The point I am making is that irrespective of the fact i am not on the electoral role, I have been disadvantaged and O2 are clearly palming me off to a credit refferal company.  Nobody from O2 wanted to assist, make a phonecall, examine the individual basis, this is all I am saying.  What does not being on the voters register say about my ability to pay? Simply, nothing.

Message 10 of 17