cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone unlocked but no O2 signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

OK... have put my existing (working) PAYG O2 SIM card in my nos (sealed box) Vodafone iPhone 4s and successfully unlocked it via iTunes (Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked), waited a couple of hours only to find I've NO signal (phone is showing: ooooo O2-UK), 3G (internet) and everything else is working fine but unable to send or receive calls, messages etc. Have tried every conceivable reset and restore and If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support ...all to no avail !

Anyone know how to resolve this ? 

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's been repeated many times since I said it at the very beginning.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 & Cleoriff

Well if that's the case, I'd certainly like to why Vodafone have 'confirmed' the phone is NOT blocked/barred or blacklisted, which is the OPPOSITE of what CheckMEND have 'advised' !

Message 32 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If voda haven't blocked it, how would they know?
If you call them back tomorrow they may say something else - I really don't know what you want from this mate?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 36

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to see about returning the phone and getting your money back. I can only presume Voda haven't got an updated database.

Message 34 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The OP appears reluctant to do that for some reason and also hasn't answered where the phone came from?

Currently using:
Message 35 of 36

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you say, there is nothing else he can do other than write it off to experience. If they won't divulge where the phone came from we are left to guess as to it's origins and history.

Message 36 of 36