cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vodafone unlocked but no O2 signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

OK... have put my existing (working) PAYG O2 SIM card in my nos (sealed box) Vodafone iPhone 4s and successfully unlocked it via iTunes (Congratulations, your iPhone has been unlocked), waited a couple of hours only to find I've NO signal (phone is showing: ooooo O2-UK), 3G (internet) and everything else is working fine but unable to send or receive calls, messages etc. Have tried every conceivable reset and restore and If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support ...all to no avail !

Anyone know how to resolve this ? 

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Barred and blocked to me are the same in relation to an imei block 

sim unlocked or factory unlocked means to me it can be used on any network as long as no imei bar is in place 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 21 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It certainly seems to be IMEI blocked which means that at some stage it has been reported lost/stolen and a subsequent insurance claim made. If that is the case it would mean that in fact the phone now belongs to the insurance company and only they can get it unblocked. Chances of them doing that are virtually zero.

Message 22 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@adamtemp64

EXACTLY... as I've ALREADY stated in earlier replies, I repeat:

i)  Here's the weird thing...

Yes... CheckMEND has 'advised' the phone is blocked, but Vodafone have 'confimed' it is NOT blocked !"

ii)  As I've already mentioned, Vodafone has 'confirmed' the phone is NOT blocked and and iTunes has   

'confimed' the phone is unlocked !

In other words, my phone is NOT 'barred' and/or 'blacklisted'

iii) Sorry, forgot to metion... that's the whole point, my phone is NOT blocked (according to Vodafone), it is unlocked (according to iTunes), SIM card works in my OTHER iPhone, I can see the carrier (O2-UK) on THIS iPhone and there are no network issues... but NO signal ! 

Message 23 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Voda have UNLOCKED IT. But the phone is barred - Its useless as a phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Based on my replies, could you please tell me and the rest of the O2 community what Vodafone has 'confirmed' ?

Message 25 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, they have confirmed that the phone is unlocked, ie free to use any network sim, but that action will not override a phone that has had its IMEI blocked due to loss of theft.
You phone is displaying classic symptoms and I've seen it hundreds of times in the past - hence my very first reply to you on this thread.
You cannot do anything about this so I suggest you get your money back from wherever you bought it and move on.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there is no way to sugar coat it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

And what else has Vodafone 'confirmed' ?

Message 27 of 36

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Checkmend is never wrong - If you want me to, I'll say the phone isn't barred, but it won't change the fact that it is.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

We can't change what Checkmend say...the phone is blacklisted and wont work..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Apologies for virtually repeating what @MI5 has said...I just type a little slower....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 36