Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

'Upgrading' from Contract to Simplicity

Hi guys

My contract finishes on the 15th March and I am looking to get the HTC Desire when it comes out on O2 (possibly the start of April).

I asked a guy in the O2 shop Cardiff what he thought I should do for the time between the end of my contract and when the Desire comes out.

He said he would take me off my (£30 p/m) contract now and put me onto a rolling £20 1 month simplicity contract - which should be fine.

Anyway - my question is:

Will I have to pay £30 for February to March? Or will my £20 simplicity contract start immediately - and let me pay £20 for Feb - Mar and months after that?

Thanks

Matt
Highlighted
Level 9: Fired up

You will have to pay your normal contract of £30pm for the February-March Bill,
The Simplicity will start on the 15th March.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Excellent, thanks for the info mate.
Highlighted
Topics: 8
Kudos: 154
Solutions: 38

Quite possibly wrong info though.

One of my contracts was due to expire on 18th March meaning I could upgrade from 19th February which I did on to simplicity 10 as I am waiting for a new iPhone release before upgrading with a handset. The simplicity 10 upgrade went straight through and the bill generated on 20th February was for simplicity 10
Highlighted
Level 9: Fired up

Depending On The Person Who You Talk To
There Most Likely To Start The New Contact On Your Anniversary Date Which In Matts Case Would Be 15th March, Because There Servers Don't Get Overloaded
Highlighted
Topics: 8
Kudos: 154
Solutions: 38

Who needs to talk to anyone? upgrades.o2.co.uk Smiley Wink

Also did a handset upgrade instore in December on a contract due to terminate in January. The last month of the old contract was again written off and the new termination date was 24 months from the date of upgrade with the new tariff kicking in right away

Upgrading in march avoids a server overload in Feb...... hmmmmmmmm OK