cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was browsing the shop considering and upgrade, I noticed a couple of handsets (which ones are no longer important) that where being offered as refurbs with a slightly reduced monthly price over the new handsets. So I thought, yeah that will do, gets me a newer phone without a huge increase in monthly cost.

However, when I actually log in to browse the upgrades, the very same handsets are now no longer available as refurbs, they all say out of stock. Now I have tried this on various days, and also with 2 machines sat side by side, and they clearly show as available, until you login to browse upgrades on one machine, so we have one telling me they are available and one saying they are out of stock.

If you click through to order (on the machine not logged in to browse upgrades) these handsets still appear as available, but yet never show up at all as being in stock when browsing upgrades, I have tried it a few ways just to make sure im not going mad.

So really the question is why? Why am I (and I presume other customers) not allowed to purchase refurb handsets as an upgrade? Why do O2 feel the need and right to remove this option from my purchasing choices? Why? Why?

On top of this when I mentioned it to online chat, they tried to make out I was mistaken, but I can confirm, without doubt this is not the case...

Any thoughts on this? O has someone got some insight as to why this happens?

mrbee

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think we've all got our fingers crossed for you.

slight_smile
Message 41 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
When did you post it Ellie? It may be that O2 have got it but it's just not been checked and booked in yet.
Message 42 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.  I posted it a week ago, but I'm not sure if the Freepost is 1st or 2nd class.

I've spoken to 2 chat 'people' now and the first one said 3-5 days and the second one has just said 5-7 days.  So hopefully it will still turn up.   Sorry to hijack the original post!  

Message 43 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd hold out a little longer. Post isn't always as fast as it used to be, and they only book them in Monday to Friday and generally takes 24 hours to be updated on the system, so if o2 got it on Thursday, checked on Friday then perhaps it might not even show on the systems till Monday.

If you need to fax in proof of purchase then the local o2 store can help you with this.
Message 44 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the advice. 

Message 45 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good luck Ellie13. We all hope this works out well in the end for you.

Please come back and update us with the conclusion.
Message 46 of 46