cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was browsing the shop considering and upgrade, I noticed a couple of handsets (which ones are no longer important) that where being offered as refurbs with a slightly reduced monthly price over the new handsets. So I thought, yeah that will do, gets me a newer phone without a huge increase in monthly cost.

However, when I actually log in to browse the upgrades, the very same handsets are now no longer available as refurbs, they all say out of stock. Now I have tried this on various days, and also with 2 machines sat side by side, and they clearly show as available, until you login to browse upgrades on one machine, so we have one telling me they are available and one saying they are out of stock.

If you click through to order (on the machine not logged in to browse upgrades) these handsets still appear as available, but yet never show up at all as being in stock when browsing upgrades, I have tried it a few ways just to make sure im not going mad.

So really the question is why? Why am I (and I presume other customers) not allowed to purchase refurb handsets as an upgrade? Why do O2 feel the need and right to remove this option from my purchasing choices? Why? Why?

On top of this when I mentioned it to online chat, they tried to make out I was mistaken, but I can confirm, without doubt this is not the case...

Any thoughts on this? O has someone got some insight as to why this happens?

mrbee

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sky have got to be one of the worst for passing over old for new, a lot of people I know just end their contract and take it out online at renewal. Considering they estimate they don't make money on new customers for a fair amount of months, it just seems daft.

Message 21 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or wait 12 months after cancelling and re signing up as a new customer ,or get someone else in the household to sign up as a new customer.

wink

Message 22 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Churn rates for these companies must be off the scale. Gain a customer and say goodbye to another but hey, we got a new subscriber and it doesn't matter how much we have spent to get them. Crazy!

Message 23 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering if it has something to do with programmes like the Martin Lewis one where they show how to ring up and negotiate a better deal.
Message 24 of 46

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
On a quick Google, Sky's churn rate is 10.8% apparently.

When you compare that to O2's 1% in its last quarter.
Message 26 of 46

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
On a quick Google, Sky's churn rate is 10.8% apparently.

When you compare that to O2's 1% in its last quarter.

I'll be another Sky statistic tomorrow!:smileywink:

I think this quarter will be a little more defining for O2 though.

Message 27 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, thanks for all the posts, re getting a refurb handset from a shop, well I did check in my local shop and the guy said it was better ordering online!

I also got back onto live chat and asked why the particular handsets always go out of stock on upgrade paths? She said it must be out of stock, OK so why it is still showing as in stock elsewhere? No answer...

Anyway the long and short, after a lengthy chat, I got a new handset, with more minutes and a small loyalty bonus to bring the price closer the the refurb offer, but its a new phone with 200mins and 250MB more and only £1 more than the refurb offer, so yeah am finally pleased with the offer, but that still doesnt explain why this stock this is/was happening.

Thanks again all...

mrbee

Message 28 of 46

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Glad you got some satisfaction but it's a shame that no one on here can answer that question.

Message 29 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Glad my suggestion worked. wink
Message 30 of 46