cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was browsing the shop considering and upgrade, I noticed a couple of handsets (which ones are no longer important) that where being offered as refurbs with a slightly reduced monthly price over the new handsets. So I thought, yeah that will do, gets me a newer phone without a huge increase in monthly cost.

However, when I actually log in to browse the upgrades, the very same handsets are now no longer available as refurbs, they all say out of stock. Now I have tried this on various days, and also with 2 machines sat side by side, and they clearly show as available, until you login to browse upgrades on one machine, so we have one telling me they are available and one saying they are out of stock.

If you click through to order (on the machine not logged in to browse upgrades) these handsets still appear as available, but yet never show up at all as being in stock when browsing upgrades, I have tried it a few ways just to make sure im not going mad.

So really the question is why? Why am I (and I presume other customers) not allowed to purchase refurb handsets as an upgrade? Why do O2 feel the need and right to remove this option from my purchasing choices? Why? Why?

On top of this when I mentioned it to online chat, they tried to make out I was mistaken, but I can confirm, without doubt this is not the case...

Any thoughts on this? O has someone got some insight as to why this happens?

mrbee

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
For me personally I have felt for a while now that o2 customer service is dropping through the floor.

These days it seems like "this is what we offer, we won't tell you when or even if it will get better and if you don't like it then leave".
Message 11 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

To me it's a strange way to run a business but it seems that someone in the upper echelons of O2 has decided on this business strategy and the advisers in retentions and customer service don't seem to have the leeway or authorisation to make exceptions. Companies these days seem to want to attract new business rather than retain existing customers!

Message 12 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
In fairness Piper, that's pretty much down to that that is what they have to offer, they can't tell you when or if something will get better because they simply don't know, staff don't get much forewarning about things and can only give the information they have to give.
Message 13 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @jonsie

Totally agree. I am having the same conversation with BT right now. It is almost £150 cheaper to cancel my existing broadband and phone contract and sign up as a new customer. How does that work?

If they had offered something like 3 months free (£78) I would have stayed but nothing. So now I leave and probably join Sky Fibre
Message 14 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

O2 will know months in advance where they plan to upgrade or improve. Who not share that whilst making it clear that it is an estimate?

If you look on the Three website that have listed all the towns and cities listed where they intend for 4g to be up and running by the end of 2014. If Three can do it why can't o2?
Message 15 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry I read your post as talking more about deals regarding upgrades, not network infrastructure.
Message 16 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous

Just re read it and can see that view. No apology needed.

As I have not had to renegotiate a contract with o2 over the last few years I couldn't comment (got mine from cpw) but in future I intend to stay sim free and bloatWare free
Message 17 of 46

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Strangely enough @Anonymous I had a long conversation with Sky customer service yesterday. I have been a Sky customer for 28 years and dread to think how much money I have spent with them over all that time. I've always subscribed to the full tv package with films and sport and had broadband with them for 5 years.

Being out of the country now for large parts of the year I'm looking at reducing the package/costs but all Sky would offer me was half price line rental on the home phone for 12 months, a grand saving of £7.50/month but tying me into a 12 month contract which I won't want to consider.

Even after the adviser telling me what a valued customer I was andhe really didn't want me to leave, he went on to say there were no other offers on my account! Not interested in the very attractive offer I have received from Virgin Media which would save me £20 on what I pay Sky.

'Anything else I can help you with?', he says. 'Yes', I replied, 'give me my MAC, cos even though you value me so much, I'm done with Sky!'

Will be calling VM tomorrow!

Message 18 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I struggle to understand the concept @jonsie.

Spend big bucks to gain new customers but then lose existing customers via the back door.

I just don't get it
Message 19 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable
I received 25% off my Sky Tv subscription for 18 months.

Eventually they said no more so I cancelled the subscription anyway for the Tv Package.

I've always been with Bt for my broadband.
Message 20 of 46