Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Upgraded to iPhone 3G less than a week ago now theres the 3G

Hi,

I upgraded to an iPhone 3G a couple of days ago, now they have announed the 3GS. Under O2's 14 day money back guarantee will I be able to take back the iPhone 3G and get my money back while waiting for the 3GS to become available ?

Cheers,
Rob.
Anonymous

was it upgraded in a store, over the phone or online?
Anonymous

Yes you can.

You will need to ring up and return it to O2, contact O2 for a Returns number. You will probably have to cancel your contract, and then setup a new one when the 3GS is released next week.
Anonymous

This upgrade was done in store, I went from 'Simplicity' to the 34 quid 24 month contract.

Hope I can return it and get the new one or I will be pretty peeved ! Smiley Wink

Rob.
Anonymous

You can do a 14 day change of mind instore.
Anonymous

I called O2 Customer services twice (wanted to double check Smiley Wink ) and also called the store I got it from (Bluewater Lower Mall) and they all said no problem, so fingers crossed.

Rob.
Anonymous

I called O2 Customer services twice (wanted to double check Smiley Wink ) and also called the store I got it from (Bluewater Lower Mall) and they all said no problem, so fingers crossed.
Rob.

I am sure that you can as customers are given the right to do so. However, it is not the same to 3 UK. Avoid them if you could. They will not allow any refund under any circumstances after you have left the shop unless the phone is not being used and it must be within 3 days of purchase.
Anonymous

I would like to know if this is possible with no problems too. I bought my 3g iphone 7 days ago and i would obviously like the 3gs now. Is there no come back from O2 if i give it back and then walk into the shop on the 19th to take out a new contract?
Anonymous

I asked them what would happen if the launch of the iPhone 3GS was delayed (longer than my 14 day return option) and they said that I could get my money back then use my old phone for the duration until the launch of the 3GS so you should be fine also.

Call the store you got it from and ask and remember to get the name of whoever you speak to.

Good luck,
Rob.

PS.. Anyone know if the 3GS is exactly the same size as the normal 3G as I only just bought a case for my 3G.
Anonymous

Hi Rawbo,

Accorging to the Apple website the dimensions on the 3GS are exactly the same on the 3G, only the weight has changed.

Hope that helps Smiley Very Happy