Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Upgrade

Hi , i have a long winded question..🙄. I’m due an upgrade, but the phone I have already is fine ((Iphone 7 ) soooo I want to upgrade to an iPhone 6 so I can give the 6 to my husband and I will keep my iPhone 7.. so when the new phone arrives I will have the SIM card with all the data and use it in my old phone, can I then go to o2 and get a new SIM card for my husband and keep his phone number, he is currently on o2 sim only With a Samsung phone. So can I get him a new sim for an iPhone, sim only keepin his oringinal number. I don’t even know if this makes sense. I know what I mean but don’t know if I’ve explained it right 🤪

Topics: 545
Solutions: 3,380

Re: Upgrade

Yes you can do that. If his sim is the same size he can simply put the sim in the iphone 6. If it's a different size needed, then he can just pop into the O2 store and they will provide a free sim and swap the number over for him.

Failing that he can swap is number over here : http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

He may find that his present sim is a 3 in 1 whereby he can simply press out the right nano size.

Community Manager

Re: Upgrade

Hey @Nichola1, let us know how you're getting on with this and if you're now all good to go with your upgrade? Do you need any additional help? Smiley Happy 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature