Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Upgrade sooner with dial-a-phone.

I last upgraded with Dial-a-phone as they were offering a better deal than o2 with cashback by redemption. This upgrade was on 23/09/08, 18mths contract. But here's where the confusion begins... Smiley Indifferent

Dial-a-phone say I can upgrade from 23/02/10 but o2 say I can't upgrade until 03/03/10. :mansurprised:
Like most ppl I want to upgrade a.s.a.p. but I wanted to upgrade with o2 this time round.

:robotindifferent: Any ideas why I have to wait longer to upgrade with o2??? It's kind of a pain.
Anonymous

Dial a phone contact customers and offer an 'upgrade' when they estimate that you are coming to the end of your current minimum term.

However, be warned...they don't upgrade your current contract. They create a new one i.e. new number, credit check, whole new account.

So, it's basically a scam to get you to take out a new contract.

Don't go with them whatever you do.
Anonymous

Thx for the advice but as it happens this is the second upgrade I've taken with dial a phone since being with o2. If I upgrade with them again this month it will be my 3rd upgrade with them. They didn't do a credit check last time or change my number or tariff and they sent me a £40 cheque for upgrading with them again.

Maybe I was fortunate last time but this time round they don't do the phone I want to upgrade to on 02 even though o2 do it on their website hence I want to upgrade with o2 this time.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hmm I see.

Well, I'd be very wary. The only people I've come across who have had an upgrade with dial a phone have had it before their proper o2 upgrade date and have ended up with two contracts.

Good luck with it though Smiley Happy
Anonymous

When upgrading with dial a phone its still your same o2 contract, they are simply the retailer you have chosen to renew your o2 contract with.

Previously you could upgrade 2 months early when entering an 18 month contract (now subject to priority level, at the end of that upgrade the remaining 2 months from your first contract reappear to bite you so just when you think you can upgrade again your reminded of your original obligation, could this be what happened with you?