Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade query

Atxms
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded my phone from an iPhone 5S to a 6S with O2 via Carphone Warehouse in 2016. By any means, the iPhone 6S was not the most-recent model of iPhone at the time, and over time I have ended up paying an airtime fee of £48.00 each month. I am still paying this.

I am paying £48.00 per month for 10GB of data, and unlimited everything else (minutes/texts).

I have looked under MyO2 and it says I have £0 left to pay for my device, but states I can’t upgrade until November 2018. Why is this? I’d understand if it were due to me not paying off the device, but I have.

I have since seen an offer for a tariff via Carphone Warehouse again for O2 wherein I would receive an iPhone 8 with 30GB of data, and unlimited everything else for £38.00 per month. This is £10.00 cheaper than what I’m already paying, for a larger quantity of data and a newer phone.

I want to know where I stand, and how I can get this deal. The likelihood is I won’t be able to find a deal as this come November-time as this always seems to be the case every time I have to upgrade...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can upgrade at any time once your device is paid off. If you arent bothered about Refresh then by all means just walk into CPW and upgrade. Make sure you upgrade though as otherwise you will have two contracts running. Forget the upgrade date in my o2, you can upgrade tomorrow.

Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
If you took your contract out with Carphone Warehouse it is a standard 24 month contract.
Judging by the upgrade date I would guess you agreed to the deal in October @Atxms?
If you wanted to upgrade now then you would need to pay your monthly amount (£48) multiplied by the number of months left (3-4 depending on bill date).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Go into carphone warehouse and tell them you want to upgrade now and they will work out the costs for you to do so. However, the upgrade offers will be difficult the new tariff offers that you've seen advertised so you would be better off financially if you took a new contract and migrated your current phone number to it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Atxms, and welcome to the forum slight_smile How are you getting on with this, since you last posted? Did the replies above help you decide what to do next? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5