cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking code fiasco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I'm posting here due to the Kafka-esque experience that I'm having trying to get my unlock code. My contract has come to an end.

I've contacted the service desk 6 times, and each time I get promises made and promised broken. A rep promised my code within 24hours. No code. One manager promised a call back within 48hrs. No call. Another manager promised a call back every day at a certain time until I got my code. No call. I've received an email from o2 4 times stating that they cannot provide my unlock code and require further information. The information has been provided countless times now.

Each time I speak to a different person, reading the same script. Whenever I get to speak to a "manager" I get the same broken promises each time.

It's been almost a month of constant engagement with the same broken process.

Can anyone tell me how I can speak to someone who isn't following a script on a screen?

Regards,

Richard

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149132 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28467 Solutions
Remember for next time mate slight_smile
Hope it goes OK for you from now on......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 31 of 61

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125820 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Job well done @MI5  Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I seem to have a similar problem here. I've been waiting for the unlatching code for my samsung note 3 since the 5th December just keep getting false promises. I put my 3 mobile sim in and it works every now and then but most of the time there is no signal at all. Just ordered a load of sims eg vodaphone giffgaff ect and waiting for them coming through to try putting them in. It does not give me any message when i put the 3 mobile number in so i'm wondering if it is unlocked. If it is its going back cos the signal is no good.

Message 33 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your phone is allowing the use of another Networks Sim Card then the phone is not locked to O2.

Either poor signal or a faulty 3 SIM card could be the problem.
Message 34 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
As @Anonymous has stated if you can use other non o2 sims them not unlocked.

If however it is locked you should receive your unlocking code fairly quickly. I got mine in 48 hours. Did you request it via Live Chat by any chance? If so there lies your problem.

I would call CS on 202 and you should receive it within 5 working days.
Message 35 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for your quick replies. I have a 3 mobile signal booster in the house and the sim works fine in my old phone, also when i'm out of the house the signal goes off on my new samsung note 3 so I'm really confused. Some guy in a Tesco phone shop said the phone is probably still locked but is connecting to the emergency network which is why it works sometimes. It really is doing my head in cos O2 just keep promising the code but nothing turns up.

I've filled the online unlatching code form 3 times..have phoned up and contacted them on chat..still nothing

Message 36 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Recommend ignore Live Chat and go direct to 202. I had mine in 48 hours.
Message 37 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Emergency Network ? Not sure on that one. A phone will allow 999 calls without a SIM card.

If you've been using the phone on the O2 network which latches it's imei number to your account the unlock should be completed as per http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/unlocking-your-iphone-and-using-it-on-another-network

Message 38 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I never used the phone on O2 i got it on one of the refresh deals and have paid off the device plan and cancelled the airtime plan.

I've filled out the unlatching form 3 times. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see whats going on.

Message 39 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you got it on o2 refresh (i.e. not tescomobile or giffgaff equivalent) then it is likely locked to o2.
Message 40 of 61