cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking code fiasco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I'm posting here due to the Kafka-esque experience that I'm having trying to get my unlock code. My contract has come to an end.

I've contacted the service desk 6 times, and each time I get promises made and promised broken. A rep promised my code within 24hours. No code. One manager promised a call back within 48hrs. No call. Another manager promised a call back every day at a certain time until I got my code. No call. I've received an email from o2 4 times stating that they cannot provide my unlock code and require further information. The information has been provided countless times now.

Each time I speak to a different person, reading the same script. Whenever I get to speak to a "manager" I get the same broken promises each time.

It's been almost a month of constant engagement with the same broken process.

Can anyone tell me how I can speak to someone who isn't following a script on a screen?

Regards,

Richard

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which phone are you attempting to unlock.

For example an iPhone does not require a code. They send you an email and you insert another non O2 uk network SIM card to complete the unlock.
Message 11 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have another SIM card, except a Tesco Mobile card - which works, but I'm not sure if that means anything since Tesco is essentially o2 with a different label. Also, why should I pay £10 for another SIM card to test this? (Gone are the days of the 99p SIM card, it seems).

This phone will be used in Estonia, so we would rather not wait until we are there to find out that it is still locked.

It's a Galaxy S3mini

Message 12 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Dial *#1234# and tell me the CSC
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, I'll dig this out when I'm at home. What will this give you?

I'll give o2 another call. Anyone want to bet against another disconnection?

Message 14 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Free sims via https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/

I would have hoped other networks have something similar.
Message 15 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I'm not sure if putting an o2 SIM into an o2 phone is going to trigger the unlock prompt. But, I'll look at other providers.
Message 16 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Indeed.

Sorry where I am at the moment my data connection is 'e' hence things are a little delayed.
Message 17 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 61

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi MI5, I'll dig this out when I'm at home. What will this give you?

It will tell me that it either could be locked or is definitely unlocked.

ps, you can pick up payg sim cards from any network at your local corner shop for 99p

You need a Three sim ideally as I know these are already activated.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I've got a 3 SIM, and will get that CSC code this evening.

I've received more meaningful replies here today than I have done from the official O2 support over the past month. Thanks everyone.

Message 20 of 61