cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking code fiasco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I'm posting here due to the Kafka-esque experience that I'm having trying to get my unlock code. My contract has come to an end.

I've contacted the service desk 6 times, and each time I get promises made and promised broken. A rep promised my code within 24hours. No code. One manager promised a call back within 48hrs. No call. Another manager promised a call back every day at a certain time until I got my code. No call. I've received an email from o2 4 times stating that they cannot provide my unlock code and require further information. The information has been provided countless times now.

Each time I speak to a different person, reading the same script. Whenever I get to speak to a "manager" I get the same broken promises each time.

It's been almost a month of constant engagement with the same broken process.

Can anyone tell me how I can speak to someone who isn't following a script on a screen?

Regards,

Richard

Message 1 of 61
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Yep, as I expected - BTU CSC is unlocked generic firmware wink

Also why I suggested you checked another sim in my very first reply - That is usually the reason why any network cannot find an unlock code (because the phone isn't locked).

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 29 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
We always recommend calling rather than live chat.
Unlock process is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-ca...
Also, double check your phone is actually locked as not all are.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

202 for contract or 4445 for Payg. 

Their it is a complaint link at the bottom of the forum you can use. 

Are they explaining what the issue is ?

Message 3 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm aware of the process. I've followed it 5 times.  They don't say what the issue is, they just "escalate" the issue. I suspect they are just going through the same process over and over, judging by the same emails I get stating that they can't provide the code and request more info.

Whenever I call up I get the same issues.

The newest lie is that I've found out from a rep this morning is that the "manager" who promised me a call back every day is not actually a manager. <sigh>

Perhaps the complaints proceedure is the only option - but only if it resolves the issue. I don't want an o2 gift card, I want an unlocked handset!

Message 4 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Which is a reasonable request if you've followed the procedure and are eligable to unlock.

I assume you've telephoned them ?

I'm wondering if one of the O2 site managers @Toby or @Anonymous can help at all.

Touch on their highlighted name and maybe Private Message them.
Message 5 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

It gets better. As soon as they put me on hold to speak to a manager I get disconnected.

This has happened 3 times now. Coincidence?

Message 6 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope so.

It's in their interest to get you sorted and off the phone !

Message 7 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've now been asked to try a different SIM card.

I pointed out that I haven't received my unlock code yet - after a month of trying. The rep sounds surprised. Has she even read the call log under my account?

Unbelievable.

Message 8 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

Disconnected again. 4th time. Always when I'm on hold waiting for a manager

Message 9 of 61

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
But, have you tried a different sim card yet?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 61