cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking code fiasco

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place. I'm posting here due to the Kafka-esque experience that I'm having trying to get my unlock code. My contract has come to an end.

I've contacted the service desk 6 times, and each time I get promises made and promised broken. A rep promised my code within 24hours. No code. One manager promised a call back within 48hrs. No call. Another manager promised a call back every day at a certain time until I got my code. No call. I've received an email from o2 4 times stating that they cannot provide my unlock code and require further information. The information has been provided countless times now.

Each time I speak to a different person, reading the same script. Whenever I get to speak to a "manager" I get the same broken promises each time.

It's been almost a month of constant engagement with the same broken process.

Can anyone tell me how I can speak to someone who isn't following a script on a screen?

Regards,

Richard

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Did you have a tracking number for the delivery?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe not so much "fun" for the agent making the call - that's if you do recieve a call.
Message 52 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

No tracking number cos they haven't sent it to the courier yet. Yeah I'll see if they ring if not I'll definitely be on the phone to them..yet again.

Message 53 of 61

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

No tracking number cos they haven't sent it to the courier yet.

Most likely out of stock Whistle

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 61

Anonymous
Not applicable

don't even go there lol Shocked

Message 55 of 61

Amanda
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problems with O2 promised a code within 72 hours, received nothing, O2 do not own my iphone and since I am moving to another network, they are making it as difficult as possible!  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow then I will be reporting the company to ominbus, and yes I do the live chat because I always email the transcript to myself!

Message 56 of 61

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Amanda wrote:

I am having the same problems with O2 promised a code within 72 hours, received nothing, O2 do not own my iphone and since I am moving to another network, they are making it as difficult as possible!  If I don't hear anything by tomorrow then I will be reporting the company to ominbus, and yes I do the live chat because I always email the transcript to myself!

Where did you buy the phone and have you tried a none O2 sim in it to check if it's actually locked?

Have O2 said anything or have you just not heard from them.

Have you followed the help https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1...

Currently using:
Message 57 of 61

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes I took out a contract with O2 paid off my handset.  And yes definitely locked since I'm trying a vodaphone sim which says its not supported go to your network!  

Message 58 of 61

MI5
  • 144165 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
How did you request the unlock?

Currently using:
Message 59 of 61

Amanda
  • 19 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did it via the chat Friday, it has been requested Friday, so I waited, also filled in the online form, and chatted to them again today.  Have the emails to prove the request.  This is why I want to move from O2 am getting rather annoyed at being lied to and fobbed off!

Message 60 of 61