cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unblocking iPhone/imei number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning everyone, 

Just looking for advice or assistance in relation to this issue.

Long story.... here it goes.

On Monday (31st May) i had contacted o2 in the early evening (around 7.00pm ish) to report that my phone had been lost and asked them to block the phone as to ensure in case it had been stolen when I was out, that it would be useless to whomever took it.

On Tuesday morning i had went to the apple store and purchased a new phone and then round to the 02 store to get a new sim card, which they activated and removed the block from. On Tuesday evening around 9pm i received a phone call explaining that my phone had been handed in and so i went to collect it. (i had put my iphone on lost mode with my home number so that is how they got in contact with me)

On Wednesday morning I had called o2 to explain the situation and to try and get my lost/returned phone unblocked, I was advised as the phone was originally purchased from a 3rd party (apple) that it would have to be them that would unblock it. Upon hearing this information I went to the apple store and spoke to the manager of their technical advisors, he instructed me upon upmost certainty that as o2 had blocked the phone and put the "barrier" on it, it would be them that could remove it. Knowing this I had called into the local o2 store in Belfast and spoke to a very helpful customer advisor who echoed the advice of the apple technician. She called o2 on my behalf and explained the situation/issue and after I had completed my security check I was informed over the phone that that "barrier" wold be removed and that the phone would be operational within 24 hours. I left feeling happy that after 3 days of not having phone that on Friday morning I would have a working phone again.

I turned my phone off on Thursday night and put the new sim card in which was the advice given to me on the o2 shop, with the expectation that when I turned the phone on, on Friday morning that the network service would be back.....

On Friday when i turned on the phone, it still displayed "no service" where the network providers name is displayed. Again, I rang o2 to be told that the "barrier" had not been removed for whatever reason and that I would need to go to Apple to remove it (3rd party purchase story again) after I explained I had already done this and wanted to speak to a manager about this, I was palmed off and was told someone would contact me back, as I don’t have a mobile to be called on, I am at work and based on the customer service I have been given so far, I don’t hold hope of receiving phone call so I am here looking for any help, advice, assistance that can be offered.

N.B the phone works perfectly when connected to WiFi, FaceTime, imessage, Whatsapp, Spotify, Twitter, Safari all work.....just I don’t have the network service from o2 that I pay a monthly fee for....

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

You need to ring back again as it's correct that O2 need to remove the bar.

Unfortunately it sounds like you've had a run of bad luck with cs agents, but I really do need to persevere and call back again.

I'll update this with the complaints link, as I'm sure you'll want to put a complaint in because of the shoddy treatment received this far.

Edit to add complaints link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Follow the above link to make a complaint.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

You need to ring back again as it's correct that O2 need to remove the bar.

Unfortunately it sounds like you've had a run of bad luck with cs agents, but I really do need to persevere and call back again.

I'll update this with the complaints link, as I'm sure you'll want to put a complaint in because of the shoddy treatment received this far.

Edit to add complaints link: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Follow the above link to make a complaint.

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This sounds like a nightmare scenario. I can only suggest you persevere with O2 CS. If they refuse to be helpful you could put in a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@gindygoo Snap...not copying...typing as you posted..Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Cleoriff no worries, it's reinforcing for the op to see more than one person recommending the same thing LOL

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo and @Cleoriff thanks very much J!! At least I know I’m not barking up the wrong tree and it is their responsibility. I will stick at it and hopefully can get it sorted soon J

Message 6 of 10

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

@Anonymous pop back and let us know how you get on, oh, and good luck!

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Best of luck with it @Anonymous wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Sounds like there was some confusion between getting the phone unlocked to use on any network and getting the loss bar lifted so that the phone could be used at all. Hope it's fixed for you swiftly @Anonymous
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Just more of the apathy we see on a daily basis from CS these days unfortunately......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10