Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable SIM only offer to continue with o2

StevieD1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My o2 24 month deal finishes end of next week and the final payment has already been made earlier this month. I was buying a new iPhone in the deal, and with that came 5gb plus a 5gb ‘free’ bolt on, so 10gb effectively.  o2’s offer for me to now continue with them on a SIM only deal is £30 for 10gb!!

Clearly I can get much better elsewhere (e.g. uswitch), but how do I stop o2 taking another payment?  I can’t cancel the DD even though payments are finished.  o2 say if I do nothing they will assume I want to carry on at £27 p.m. SIM only.  If I do go with uswitch, is it they who would inform o2 not to take any further payment?  I want to stay on the o2 network with uswitch so presumably won’t have to go through the PAC rigmarole?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Use USwitch

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be cat a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Use USwitch

Choose the deal you want

This will automatically redirect you to the O2 website

Just follow the prompts and choose the UPGRADE option

Complete the deal and nothing on your account changes except the tariff at the new cheaper cost

Payment date is the same and your next bill will be cat a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff

The change should show in My O2 within 24 hours

Volt benefits will still apply as will possibly a 3 month extra such as Disney+

Message 2 of 4

StevieD1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks jonsie. You say:

“Payment date is the same and your next bill will be cat (at) a cheaper rate and will be made up of the pro rata cost of your old tariff and your new tariff”

I’ve already made the final payment on my 24 month deal, so surely my next bill will only be the cost of the new Uswitch deal?  Does it matter which day I go with Uswitch?  Should I wait until the o2 contract is finished? (17/8/23)

Message 3 of 4

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You can switch at any time as long as you choose 'upgrade' and 'keep current sim' 

As I say, it's an almost immediate change over but you will be charged  some portion (day/s) at your old tariff and the remainder of the month at your new tariff

Honestly, the changeover is seamless and stress free

I do this every year in April so as not to be subject to the annual RPI increase

Message 4 of 4