cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to text Australia

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not been able to SMS numbers in Australia since last week. The texts appear to go and I get debited, I can call the numbers. The numbers are on two different Oz networks (Telstra and Optus) and I can text UK numbers. I can text the Australian numbers from another UK network (EE) with no problem.  I've spoken with customer services who says the messages have been sent and therefore its nothing to do with them - they are not prepared to look any further into it saying "it's their end." Clearly it's something related to O2 otherwise it wouldn't work from EE and its unlikely that the same problem would exist on two separate Australian networks. As CS won't help is there anyone here that can advise please? 

Thank you

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been reading community forums on both optus and here

The one true common denomonator is 02, as friends on Australian Vodaphone are reporting a problem with receiving texts from loved ones in the UK on o2.  Come on O2.  

I have approached OfCom and the Ombudsman and they stipulate that I have to raise a formal complaint first, which I will this weekend, I will be raising it as a formal complaint with CEO of both 02, the parent company Telefonica and also Optus and Parent Singtel,  because whilst I can accept that they all say its not their problem.  I can't accept that No One is responsible for the bit inbetween.  The bit of the global network between the UK and OZ.   Some governing body has to cover it....who?

Message 31 of 39

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

poseidon runs the network across seas;)

Anyway serious note. If this is affecting that many customers on both sides they need to all complain via the official channels.

Unless a number of people are having issues then it will not be a priority.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 32 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

This now seems to be working - has anyone else tried?

Message 33 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not working again as of today.

Message 34 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

For those that are still having problems I've now spoken with O2 technical support who confirm that they do know about and are collating UK and Australian numbers so that they can investigate and liaise with the overseas networks the ongoing non-delivery of SMS to Australian numbers.

Message 35 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now fixed.

Message 36 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is happening again and again it's around the same time, just priorto Christmas when I need to be able to talk with family in oz. Got £5 off my bill last time when o2 accepted it was real. I'll have to complainagain tomorrow, it's just not good enough. Mark
Message 38 of 39

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93235 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions