Did you mean: 

Unable to go ahead with phone contract.

Peachey121
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi O2 Community,

Just a quick one... so the past few days I’ve been thinking about getting a phone contract so yesterday I decided to apply for one. I had a funny feeling it would be declined because I have no credit however I was able to go ahead and get the contract I was applying for IF and ONLY I paid a deposit of £475. However I would get this back after 3 month if the first 3 payments were made successfully. I thought great! Let’s do it so I went to the bank to put the money in. When I got back home and went to go ahead with the order it had refreshed and I had to make a fresh order which was a pain. However once I got to the end and ready to pay it came up with a message saying ‘Unable to continue’ ‘didn’t match business policies’ I was just wondering if anyone knew why?

I’ve got a feeling it’s because I’ve done it more than once so it might have left something on my credit score?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Peachey121

As for getting the deposit back you will need to pay the 3 Bills on time and will receive it back on the 4th bill.

You need to contact O2.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23116 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3684 Solutions

@Peachey121 You're correct about applying again too quickly. The system would have picked it up and flagged it. You can call customer service, but they'll most likely tell you to leave it a couple of weeks before trying again. I'll tag the O2 online advisors who will be on around 8:30 and can better advise you. @O2Georgina or @O2Ellie can you please assist?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Hi @Bambino  Thanks for the tag. 

@Peachey121  I'll send you a private message nowslight_smile

signature
Message 4 of 8

Baz86
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi my name is barrie bradshaw I tried to order a contract through O2 four days ago I passed the credit check and it said because of my credit score I had to pay an upfront cost of 200+ the £50 upfront cost I entered my savings card by accident, i then refreshed at least four times and then try to redo it another four times and then I realised I was using the wrong card could you please help me with this as I was through the credit check already I just made a wrong payment error my details below

Message 5 of 8

vincentgerard
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the same problem, unable to continue is showing and I did an order for my son (under 18) just before trying to order one for me! Could you help, as my current contract on sky mobile ends very soon and don't want to end up paying for another month of that as its terrible service.

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10203 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@vincentgerard 

You will need to contact the Sales Team on 0800 081 0255 and they can advise, but bare in mind credit is not guaranteed

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6632 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

@vincentgerard wrote:

I've got the same problem, unable to continue is showing and I did an order for my son (under 18) just before trying to order one for me! Could you help, as my current contract on sky mobile ends very soon and don't want to end up paying for another month of that as its terrible service.

Terrible service or terrible reception? Sky runs on O2. So if you have problems there they will follow you

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 8