Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPGRADED iPhone SE 2020 - Not receiving texts

Cocoloco
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So I did a sim swap yesterday- 11am. All good. Except I can't receive texts from anyone. I have spent hours trying to resolve this- literally. Contacted O2...then Apple chat & telephone call multiple times....factory reset multiple times. All different troubleshoots on the web etc etc. To no avail. 

It's now stuck on 'waiting for activation' ... and I can't receive texts when trying to authorise my phone number.

Someone help as I'm losing the will right now.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cocoloco There is a known issue that O2 is aware of and is being worked on, from what we've been told. Been this way most of the day.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Cocoloco
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I know but I called again around 5pm & the rep advised it had been resolved so I spent 2 hours on the phone to Apple. Just super frustrating!! Aha

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Cocoloco 

Annoyingly it's not resolved. @Chris_K  said he would update HERE when it was fixed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Cocoloco
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is that why it says waiting for activation you think & my mob no is greyed out on iMessage & Facetime? Haven't had iPhone in a while...

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Cocoloco Yes, most likely that's the cause. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

staceyh26
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m having the same problem today. Got a new iPhone se 2020 and everything fine except texts. So setting up apps the companies are sending me verification codes and I’m not receiving any to set anything up!
Message 7 of 9

Tosh
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got exactly the same problem with my new iphone 11 .  Just says waiting for activation. Two days trying to set up my new phone multiple reboots & three factory resets. If anything it's good to hear it's o2 issue & I'm not totaly thick after all. let's hope o2 are actually sorting the problem.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144321 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Confirmed this issue is now fixed.
It may be required that you restart your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9