cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UME LTD CHARGES

Anonymous
Not applicable

MY SON HAS CHARGES FROM UME LTD ON HIS PHONE BILL. THESE CHARGES ARE £4.50 EVERY WEEK AND HE IS NOT AWARE OF WHAT THEY ARE. HOW CAN I STOP THESE CHARGES?

Message 1 of 30
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like he's being scammed.
See help here for advice how to stop it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Sounds like he's being scammed.
See help here for advice how to stop it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is a scam...

A company called United Mobile Entertainment (who are also responsible for TXT Nation)

I remembered something about this company last year, when they scammed a pensioner who was with Vodafone. It made the news

https://extra.ie/business/pensioner-hit-huge-phone-bill-repeatedly-charged

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 30

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Please see the link provided above. Your son may have inadvertently clicked on a link he was unaware of through Facebook or another social media site.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 30

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Should be well known to the PSA then, so definitely needs reporting to them as per the details in the link I posted above.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 30

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

How are you getting on with this @Anonymous? Have you managed to cancel this subscription?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 30

Serynr
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 25 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, i have had a problem with a scamming company. I stupidly deleted texts from them as couldn’t believe they could take money from me, but they do from your provider. With great help from an O2 shop and ringing up O2 they have  hopefully stopped them charging me, but it took a few phone calls to them from me. I also reported the scammers to Action Fraud and PAS who are investigating and  supplied me with a phone number for the scamming company and an email address, and i have now sent off an email, asking them nicely 😁for my money back and to make sure i am unsubscribed by them. 

Message 7 of 30

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @Serynr. Keep a close eye on your account  though..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 30

Serynr
Level 2: Apprentice