Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

UME LTD CHARGES

MY SON HAS CHARGES FROM UME LTD ON HIS PHONE BILL. THESE CHARGES ARE £4.50 EVERY WEEK AND HE IS NOT AWARE OF WHAT THEY ARE. HOW CAN I STOP THESE CHARGES?

Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,157

Re: UME LTD CHARGES

Sounds like he's being scammed.
See help here for advice how to stop it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 677

It is a scam...

A company called United Mobile Entertainment (who are also responsible for TXT Nation)

I remembered something about this company last year, when they scammed a pensioner who was with Vodafone. It made the news

https://extra.ie/business/pensioner-hit-huge-phone-bill-repeatedly-charged

*The Game Is On*

Level 63: Greatness Assured

@Anonymous Please see the link provided above. Your son may have inadvertently clicked on a link he was unaware of through Facebook or another social media site.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Topics: 530
Solutions: 11,157

Should be well known to the PSA then, so definitely needs reporting to them as per the details in the link I posted above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Community Manager

How are you getting on with this @Anonymous? Have you managed to cancel this subscription?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 2: Apprentice

Hi, i have had a problem with a scamming company. I stupidly deleted texts from them as couldn’t believe they could take money from me, but they do from your provider. With great help from an O2 shop and ringing up O2 they have  hopefully stopped them charging me, but it took a few phone calls to them from me. I also reported the scammers to Action Fraud and PAS who are investigating and  supplied me with a phone number for the scamming company and an email address, and i have now sent off an email, asking them nicely 😁for my money back and to make sure i am unsubscribed by them. 

Topics: 677

Good to hear @Serynr. Keep a close eye on your account  though..Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Level 2: Apprentice

Oh i do, every day now, feel as if i am on a mission.... 😜
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,411

Good luck I hope you get your money back soon.