cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off O2 travel?

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I turn off O2 Travel? It's currently active on my wife's phone. We've texted "traveloff" twice to 21300, received a confirmation response (this was a month ago), however upong going abroad again, we're still getting the texts telling us that my wife's phone is on O2 Travel.

So, given that the text service isn't working, how can we get rid of it? My wife is sick of having a phone that she cannot use abroad without being charged a fortune.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Call customer service or use live chat. I think you can also remove it via My O2.

Message 2 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you decide that O2 Travel is not right for you, you can opt out by texting NOTRAVEL to 23336.

Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. The option to remove is not on MyO2 (annoyingly), and I can't call customer service without being charged as I'm abroad.

Thankfully though, Live Chat have been able to get rid of the thing, supposedly (I'll know for sure in 24h time).

I appreciate your help (thank you), but am very displeased that O2 makes it so difficult and none-obvious to get rid of this thing. No info for removal on the O2 Travel page, and cannot remove via MyO2 either. It's almost as if they try to make it deliberately difficult to remove this rip-off of a bolt-on.
Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It shows as a bolt on for me with the option to cancel it in MyO2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shows as a bolt-on for me too, but with no obvious way of removing via MyO2. I have the option to add further bolt-ons, or I can view the info and details about the O2 Travel bolt-on I have there, but I cannot see any way on there of removing it.

Thankfully Online Chat seem to have been able to set the wheels in motion to get rid of the thing.

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I had no option to remove it in My O2 but live chat also removed it for me as I'm in Thailand.

Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hmm, seems strange that some people are seeing the option to remove it whilst others aren't! Glad it's not just me though.

I remove it because if you're not a heavy data user, it's massively more expensive than just paying the normal roaming rates - especially if it's just half a dozen texts a day. Already been hit with a huge bill by O2 after they changed O2Travel some time back, keen to avoid another one.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Totally makes sense unless you use a lot of data.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 10