cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping Phone Numbers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 phones with O2 (both pay monthly), each with their own phone number and phone/data allowances used by different members of my family. Each account has different data allowances. Is it possible to swap the phone numbers between the accounts?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
As said already no.
You will lose one of the numbers.
You will have to up your sons data allowance and then drop yours on renewal of your contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
No not without losing one of the numbers.
You can just swap sims between the phones though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can swap the sims between each phone but not the numbers 

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response. Understand I can swap SIMs, however not quite what I would like. One has 3GB data, other has 1GB data. I want my son to have the higher data but do not want to change his phone number. Reading other posts, I understand you are allowed one change of number free of charge. So would I not be able to just swap the phone numbers between the accounts.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144288 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
As said already no.
You will lose one of the numbers.
You will have to up your sons data allowance and then drop yours on renewal of your contract.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5