cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking a phone you've ordered

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently ordered a new phone from O2, paid for it outright. It was meant to arrive on Monday originally (paid premium for it), didn't. Then they told me Tuesday....which it didn't. And it didn't come yesterday either. Upon contacting customer services they checked and said that UK Mail had picked up my phone but they had no info on it from there. Now the ridiculous thing is that they never provided me with a tracking number and the helpline didn't have it on hand either. They did say they would contact some other customer services team to try and find my tracking number but so far I have not heard from them. I find this unbelievable that they'd send of a £500 phone without getting a tracking number for it that they could give me. Has anyone had a similar issue and how was it resolved? Right now I'm down 500 pounds and without a new phone to show for it.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

was the order placed as a new connection or an upgrade @Anonymous?

Message 21 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just as a new connection (I really just wanted the phone and then put my old Pay as You Go SIM into it which is also with O2). 

Message 22 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

How many days in total since u first placed the order?

Message 23 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Placed the order on the 30th of May so last Saturday for next day delivery (which would have been Monday as no deliveries on Sunday). Then day after day of nothingness, calls to customer service to try and find out where my package is and 8 days later it's still not here. 

I wrote to O2's official complaint line to ask for at least the shipping fee refunded as they clearly failed in that department. So far no reply (and not getting my hopes up). 

Message 24 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

The shipping fee refund will never be an issue for obvious reasons, but if you ring CS back they should either have a result on the trace( or not, it doesn't matter at this point), they should be placing a bar on the Handset and order a replacement. What UK Mail has done with it is between O2 and them now.

You need tour phone. Hope this helps wink

Message 25 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I guess I don't have much choice aside from just calling Customer Service over and over again. Although they are helpful to begin with, the problem is that they always promise to call me back after checking with the courier and almost never do (the only time they did call me back was to tell me that they were unable to contact the courier). 

It's just going around in circles...

Message 26 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I would be escalating this myself http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 27 of 38

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Any further news on this, are u on their case already today?

Please stand your ground now and demand a replacement phone is sent immediately.! It's not your responsibility to chase this up, and never was.

Let us know how things pan out today.

Charlie.
Message 28 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

So finally got a reply from the complaints line. I'm getting a refund for my delivery fee. They also said they're looking into re-arranging another delivery for me. 

The thing I find odd about UK Mail is that where I live we have a concierge service for the apartment complex and ALL other couriers successfully leave their packages there....except for UK Mail for some reason. I told them to tell UK Mail to leave it with the concierge. 

I also called customer services earlier trying to track it down, they said they'll give UK Mail a call to arrange for delivery (for what must be like the 6th time or something) and then call me back in an hour with the results.....except that this call took place 2h ago so I'm still waiting. 

Message 29 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122977 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

This is beyond stupid now. You actually paid for next day delivery on this phone which you ordered on the 30th May and it's now 8th June?  I honestly think this phone has gone 'awol' which would be the reason the concierge at your apartment block has never received it. It's good O2 have refunded the delivery charge but  you are still without your 'next day delivery' phone. I think O2 need to stop chasing this one, and get them to send another one asap. I doubt the original one will ever be tracked and found slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 38