cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to resolve signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to O2 about 3 months ago however have been very disapointed with the coverage.

From the first day of having issues i logged into the Network Status where it stated "high service demand in the area. Hope to be resolved soon". 3 month's on and my patience is wearing thin. 2G coverage is fairly bearable however 3G is useless. I have tried a new handset and a new sim card but issue persists.

Whilst i accept the T's & C's that the network doesn't guarantee service everywhere, surely network issues such as high demand should be resolved within a suitable time frame? 3 months DEFINATELY isnt a suitable time frame.

Currently i have a handset advertised as a smartphone but cannot use any of the smartphone features. 

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whilst i completely understand issues will arise and take time to resolve, surely 3 month's plus is beyond a reasonable level for someone paying for their service.

I understand it would be difficult for O2 to provide an exact resolution date due to various factors however does this mean it can continue indefinately?

The network have an obligation to provide service for a paying customer and whilst issues will always arise out the networks control, surely their must be a legality somewhere regarding how long the issue can go on for?

Message 21 of 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I've never seen an actual time frame or maximum allowed time quoted anywhere. I assume each individual case would vary depending on "factors".
If you feel (and rightly so) that the time has been unacceptably long you need to start a formal complaint.
In the cases of people doing this, with justification, they have been allowed out of contract FOC upon return receipt of their hardware - That's the best you can hope for, either that or they put a new cell up which may be coming anyway as part of the network upgrades that we have no foresight of.....
Complaints link http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable
A perfectly reasonable request redtitbit

No argument from me.
Message 23 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have emailed the complaints team to see if they can offer information regarding their obligations and the time frames. As soon as i have a response i will update.

Message 24 of 67

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
That's great - It would be interesting to find out the official stance on it from O2 (assuming they actually answer the question)......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 67

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
HI redtitbit,

Sorry to hear you're not happy. Lets us know how your complaint goes and feel free to send me a message if you're not satisfied.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 27 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow up to 5 days to recieve a response.......they do take their complaints seriously!!

Message 28 of 67

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yes, that's why it takes 5 working days - To give them time to investigate properly.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its an issue the network have been aware of for over 3 months so cannot see why an extra 5 days is needed personally.

I really hope they answer my questions regarding coverage instead of telling me to turn the handset off and on again, hard reset, try new sim etc.

Message 30 of 67