cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to resolve signal issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved to O2 about 3 months ago however have been very disapointed with the coverage.

From the first day of having issues i logged into the Network Status where it stated "high service demand in the area. Hope to be resolved soon". 3 month's on and my patience is wearing thin. 2G coverage is fairly bearable however 3G is useless. I have tried a new handset and a new sim card but issue persists.

Whilst i accept the T's & C's that the network doesn't guarantee service everywhere, surely network issues such as high demand should be resolved within a suitable time frame? 3 months DEFINATELY isnt a suitable time frame.

Currently i have a handset advertised as a smartphone but cannot use any of the smartphone features. 

Message 1 of 67
66 REPLIES 66

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It just begs the question as to whether the offer will still be on the table should this go to deadlock and the Ombudsman?

Message 61 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Mind you it was interesting to read @Anonymous reply from the Complaints Review Service AND the offer he was made...

The fact they actually made that offer seems to infer there are other channels to pursue...?

I'm not sure about other channels however i turned down their first offer of a 25% early termination settlement and again at a 50% discount.

Message 62 of 67

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so i've decided to take up the offer of disconnection with the vastly discounted early termination fee.

The icing on the cake was going into the town centre and not being able to get any internet connection to pay for my parking through RingGo or Parkmobile. Without any change on me, i was forced to use another more expensive carpark which accepted card payment. I really have lost all patience and to pro-long the ordeal by going through an Ombudsman will leave me bald, twitching and rocking in a chair wearing a straight jacket!!

My advice to anyone experiencing ongoing signal issues is not to accept "congestion" or "maintenance" or "upgrading mast" etc and raise a complaint. Whilst it seems the networks dont have any legal obligation to fix known faults within a certain time, they do have a legal obligation to provide a level of service which is fit for purpose and of a competant provider. (just look at their T's & C's under section 2.2).

Message 63 of 67

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Good advice @Anonymous  Hope all goes well for you with the settlement wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 64 of 67

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sensible decision mate.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 65 of 67

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so i've decided to take up the offer of disconnection with the vastly discounted early termination fee.

I really have lost all patience and to pro-long the ordeal by going through an Ombudsman will leave me bald, twitching and rocking in a chair wearing a straight jacket!!

Even if you did prolong the agony, I doubt that you would get any better a settlement by going to the Ombudsman.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 66 of 67

jonsie
  • 93220 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Good decision and one which I would have gladly accepted. Hope all goes well with the new network.

Message 67 of 67