cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tesco Mobile coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Google results from a few years ago say that Tesco Mobile has the exact same coverage as O2 (some bulk buy discount myth).

Yesterday some O2 person cold called me (sniffing out numbers on the network?) trying to sell me a contract & told me that Tesco only has access to 1 in 4 phone masts on O2's network?

Anyone know if this is true or just an attempt to encourage a deal? I see nothing on O2/Tesco sites to suggest such a limitation.

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I know someone with a G3 so I'll see if I can get them to try a Tesco sim as I think that is all bull......
ps you might want to edit out your personal details/passwords etc as someone could do inappropriate things with your account!!

Done now Rich...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

I know someone with a G3 so I'll see if I can get them to try a Tesco sim as I think that is all bull......

ps you might want to edit out your personal details/passwords etc as someone could do inappropriate things with your account!!

Edit as I see it's done now.

Yeah - I realised as soon as Iposted it that I'd been a little bit of a pra* !!

If in the end it does all turn out to be bull (but I don't think the LG agent was spinning a line) - then I don't care anyway. Tesco haven't a clue and their agents are as much in the dark as anyone - as are their technical people. Moving seems a better option anyway.............. Now done as the SIM will be here tomorrow and the Tesco contract ceases the following day slight_smile

Message 32 of 37

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Understand mate but I like to know things like this for my own benefit wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

This also doesn't make any sense with what @Anonymous said:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/lg-g3-metallic-black/321-1767.prd

Ahem - that's from Tesco Direct.

You need to look at what phones Tesco MOBILE sell - and for LG it's only the L50.

http://shop.tescomobile.com/pay-monthly/mobile-phones/#devicetype%5B%5D=device&offer-type%5B%5D=&offer-type%5B%5D=paym&brand%5B%5D=lg&sort-by=make-asc

Message 34 of 37

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

This also doesn't make any sense with what @Anonymous said:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/lg-g3-metallic-black/321-1767.prd

Ahem - that's from Tesco Direct.

You need to look at what phones Tesco MOBILE sell - and for LG it's only the L50.

http://shop.tescomobile.com/pay-monthly/mobile-phones/#devicetype%5B%5D=device&offer-type%5B%5D=&offer-type%5B%5D=paym&brand%5B%5D=lg&sort-by=make-asc

I know what I posted. The reason I posted it was because, if you scroll down, they are offering the phone with a Tesco Pay & Go 4G sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 35 of 37

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's all bull mate - chap is been fobbed off !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 37 of 37