cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible sales Live Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in moving to O2, but I know the phone I want and O2 don't do it on their store and retailer deals are just... meh. I'd be paying more for the same phone on O2 than I would be on EE who I want to move away from (Effective £24.48pm after cashback).

So O2 are doing a sim-only deal for 6Gb but it's £21pm. But factoring in the cost of the phone and I'd be paying £200 more over the course of 2 years.

So I decided to try and chat with them to see if I could get a better deal out of them, and what I found was the worst sales rep ever the grace the world. Either Live Chat "Gary" is a robot or just does not want me on O2.

When we established that I wanted the Moto X Style and O2 don't do it, he would repeatedly tell me "Well you could buy the phone and then get our £21 PayM sim". And when I said that was a poor deal to me as it'd be more than I'd pay with EE with the phone. He just repeated that same thing over. And when I tried to explain I was asking if there was a better deal, he then switched to saying "Is there a specific phone you're looking for?" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. So I gave up and ended the chat.

I guess O2 doesn't want my custom.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 124329 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

....and next month is the annual RPI increase!

Yes ..the only 'saving grace' about that is, all the networks apply the RPI increase. Can't wait!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

....and next month is the annual RPI increase!

Yes ..the only 'saving grace' about that is, all the networks apply the RPI increase. Can't wait!

Oh joy, government sactioned price jacking.

Btw. I did remember some food for thought, till now I've been using Tesco mobile for Pay-as-you-go. But their network uses O2. So I looked up their contracts for sim-only deals and they're significantly cheaper than O2s, they don't do unlimited mins/texts for 750/5000 is more than I'd ever use. So I can get O2 network without the O2 price tag.

And their customer service has been pretty good, the only trouble I've had is getting my old handset unlocked, it seems every request dissapears into purgatory. The only better CS I've had was virgin mobile, but they use EE's network now.

4Gb 4G Data: O2 = £19/pm, Tesco = £16/pm

Plus Tesco only charges 25p for MMS, instead of O2's 45p

Message 33 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 124329 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I think CS experience with all providers is a bit hit and miss @Anonymousdepending on individual; experience. I have always said you go for the deal that suits all your needs...price, coverage etc etc. Tesco do use O2, as do giffgaff and good and bad with both as I understand. O2 direct are the only provider to give Refresh and other benefits. If none of those are deal breakers for you....then its all down to personal choice...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

I think CS experience with all providers is a bit hit and miss @Anonymousdepending on individual; experience. I have always said you go for the deal that suits all your needs...price, coverage etc etc. Tesco do use O2, as do giffgaff and good and bad with both as I understand. O2 direct are the only provider to give Refresh and other benefits. If none of those are deal breakers for you....then its all down to personal choice...:smileywink:

Yeah, sadly The only perk I'd use is priority and that'd only be for the lunch deal occasionally. I'm not really an outwardly social person. Refresh doesn't apply on sim-only deals or contracts from retailers. And you don't have to be with O2 to use O2 wifi. One perk Tesco offers over O2 that I can see is capped contracts. Since I'm not good at staying on top of usage of data, that'd be great for me.

You guys have been great help though, so cuddles all around. Except to Gary, who gave me a terrible first impression of O2.

Message 35 of 38

jonsie
  • 93341 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Good luck with whatever you decide but just to clarify, you can't go over your data allowance with O2 as data stops once you reach the limit. You then have to buy a bolt on or wait until your renewal date.

Message 36 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Good luck with whatever you decide but just to clarify, you can't go over your data allowance with O2 as data stops once you reach the limit. You then have to buy a bolt on or wait until your renewal date.

Ah, my bad then. I had trouble finding anything about data caps when I searched. Possibly read that there's no usage caps another network and got confused.

Message 37 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 124329 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Anyway... pleased we are better than 'Gary' @Anonymous LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 38