cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£130 bill for 1 call????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am being billed, although o2 are doing a network check, for £130 for a call that apparently lasted 13 hours. I made a call home to a landline that lasted 2-3 minutes, but o2 say it lasted 13 hours??? Even if I didn't put the phone down properly (I think I did), my husband disconnected the landline. Even if he didn't, my car didn't sync and put a call on speaker if one was still going. Has this happened to anyone else. I never use anywhere near my usage normally, infact I only use my phone for about 2 - 3 numbers...shocking I know. They say the call ended at 8am the next morning, but also not sure how the call would have been disconnected???

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous this does sound as if the call wasn't disconnected. The best thing to do is call again and state your case to another advisor 202 contract 4445 payg. Someone will probably see that this was an error and may refund your money.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous this does sound as if the call wasn't disconnected. The best thing to do is call again and state your case to another advisor 202 contract 4445 payg. Someone will probably see that this was an error and may refund your money.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

I have to add a similar thing happened to me when in Spain....I called and the call failed so I was charged 50p connection charge every single time I tried. It happened 10 times in one day. The advisor I eventually spoke to could see from my bill there was no way I would have made those amount of calls in that time and he made a refund to my account. It really is a question of trying again (and again) to get a sympathetic advisor. If all else fails you can make a complain via this route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I can remember a similar problem being recorded on here.......I'm sure MI5 came up with the answer, something to do with auto disconnect....I'll see if I can find it.

Edit : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Billed-for-non-disconnected-call/m-p/934821/high... ........not sure if this applies ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 4 of 8

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

There have been a few of this type of issues recently. As @Cleoriff advises, call 202. It's a problem whereby the call hasn't been disconnected on their system even though the call was terminated by the receiver. Speaking to a different adviser could help as they should be able to see that you wouldn't call for that length of time. If they fail to refund then definitely make the complaint.

Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

I can remember a similar problem being recorded on here.......I'm sure MI5 came up with the answer, something to do with auto disconnect....I'll see if I can find it.

Edit : http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Billed-for-non-disconnected-call/m-p/934821/high... ........not sure if this applies ?

Yes he did @Beenherebefore Well remembered...the answer was

"Call them back and remind them o2 have a system in place that automatically disconnects calls after 6 seconds of either party hanging up"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24004 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

@Anonymous If you haven't seen the post above this one, please refer to the link supplied by @Beenherebefore and follow the advice of @jonsie and @Cleoriff. Anyone in customer service with half a brain cell should realize that no one makes a 13 hour phone call, and that O2's system of cutting off after 6 seconds didn't work in this case.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 149517 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions
Even if you didn't disconnect it is still o2's error.
Raise a complaint if cs won't help you.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 8