cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible sales Live Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in moving to O2, but I know the phone I want and O2 don't do it on their store and retailer deals are just... meh. I'd be paying more for the same phone on O2 than I would be on EE who I want to move away from (Effective £24.48pm after cashback).

So O2 are doing a sim-only deal for 6Gb but it's £21pm. But factoring in the cost of the phone and I'd be paying £200 more over the course of 2 years.

So I decided to try and chat with them to see if I could get a better deal out of them, and what I found was the worst sales rep ever the grace the world. Either Live Chat "Gary" is a robot or just does not want me on O2.

When we established that I wanted the Moto X Style and O2 don't do it, he would repeatedly tell me "Well you could buy the phone and then get our £21 PayM sim". And when I said that was a poor deal to me as it'd be more than I'd pay with EE with the phone. He just repeated that same thing over. And when I tried to explain I was asking if there was a better deal, he then switched to saying "Is there a specific phone you're looking for?" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. So I gave up and ended the chat.

I guess O2 doesn't want my custom.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Amen to that. If you can buy sim free outright, it's definitely the way to go. So many sim only deals by all the networks these days.

The problem with that is I'd be paying a LOT more int he long run, to the tune of over £200 with the currently sim-only deals.

@jonsie wrote:

Way to go, tell them to shove it. You don't want to be tied into a 2 year contract with no or little signal, either at work or home.

I'm disabled so at home most of the time.

Message 11 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous At the end of the day you have to go with what suits you and your personal circumstances. There are some good sim free phones available on Amazon (as long as you buy 'Fulfilled by Amazon' and it's a rated seller.

Over the past 5 months I have bought three phones via this route...(not for me...for my sons and husband)

All three have gone for the sim only contracts from O2....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

Hi @Anonymous At the end of the day you have to go with what suits you and your personal circumstances. There are some good sim free phones available on Amazon (as long as you buy 'Fulfilled by Amazon' and it's a rated seller.

Over the past 5 months I have bought three phones via this route...(not for me...for my sons and husband)

All three have gone for the sim only contracts from O2....

If only cost wasn't an issue, I just can't Justify the extra £200. The best retail deal I can find is £28.33pm after cashback with phone. Which is better than £21pm + £300

The reason I wanted to speak to their sales was to see if they could do a better deal. But it seems I was wrong.

Message 13 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I have never used that company. I know @MI5 and @viridis have used multiple sites to buy from (though not sure about  that one) . I have mentioned them in the hope they can tell you whether this is ok or not?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It's part of dixons / Carphone group.
At page bottom.

Copyright 1995 - 2016 Dixons Carphone plc.

Please be aware your network may increase monthly prices in line with the retail price index during the length of your contract.
Message 15 of 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124326 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
It's part of dixons / Carphone group.
At page bottom.

Copyright 1995 - 2016 Dixons Carphone plc.

Please be aware your network may increase monthly prices in line with the retail price index during the length of your contract.

Thanks for that @viridis. Should be ok for @Anonymous then?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13534 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Seems legit, just read the small print as to make sure of your rights as a consumer.
Message 17 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was looking at if there's any reasonable prices for the LG G5 on O2. The best I could find is £34pm + £25 up-front. Sadly O2 doesn't show what their tariffs will be and only do it in "Titan". But O2 do Quidco cashback.

I think for now I'm going to Cancel from "Put up with it" EE.

Message 18 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147194 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28299 Solutions
Tbh even of you did speak to o2 you would be unlikely to get much off the advertised tarrifs.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 19 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
no point to chat with o2 about prises and deals that O2 don't sell. if you want to move to o2 you need to pick a phone that o2 sell, then see what deal you can get ..
Message 20 of 38