cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible sales Live Chat

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in moving to O2, but I know the phone I want and O2 don't do it on their store and retailer deals are just... meh. I'd be paying more for the same phone on O2 than I would be on EE who I want to move away from (Effective £24.48pm after cashback).

So O2 are doing a sim-only deal for 6Gb but it's £21pm. But factoring in the cost of the phone and I'd be paying £200 more over the course of 2 years.

So I decided to try and chat with them to see if I could get a better deal out of them, and what I found was the worst sales rep ever the grace the world. Either Live Chat "Gary" is a robot or just does not want me on O2.

When we established that I wanted the Moto X Style and O2 don't do it, he would repeatedly tell me "Well you could buy the phone and then get our £21 PayM sim". And when I said that was a poor deal to me as it'd be more than I'd pay with EE with the phone. He just repeated that same thing over. And when I tried to explain I was asking if there was a better deal, he then switched to saying "Is there a specific phone you're looking for?" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. So I gave up and ended the chat.

I guess O2 doesn't want my custom.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
no point to chat with o2 about prises and deals that O2 don't sell. if you want to move to o2 you need to pick a phone that o2 sell, then see what deal you can get ..

Yes I think we have established that already @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 38

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

If you want a phone that o2 don't stock then obviously you need to look at alternative suppliers and try to get a deal from them. How could o2 offer you a discount on something they can't supply Smiley Frustrated

Message 22 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Continual confusion for no apparent reason? Smiley Indifferent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 38

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 126044 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

What do points make.....?

I seem to have forgotten the end of that one....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 38

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Cocktail sticks.

Message 26 of 38

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Arguments.....especially when I make a point to my wife.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 27 of 38

jonsie
  • 94057 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

...now that's a different beast altogther mate!!

Message 28 of 38

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

...now that's a different beast altogther mate!!

Oh !.........so you've met her then ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 29 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

If you want a phone that o2 don't stock then obviously you need to look at alternative suppliers and try to get a deal from them. How could o2 offer you a discount on something they can't supply Smiley Frustrated

Well they kept making the case I should buy the phone outright and then take a sim-only contract with them, but that is the most expensive way to do it. So I kept telling them this and saying that unless they're willing to do a better deal on their sims, then no.

EDIT: Seems the deal I was looking at has increased by £1/pm due to O2 increasing the price of the base contract for 5Gb. So a deal I was on the fence about has now been changed to push me into a no.

Message 30 of 38