cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to android

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I'm sure I'm not the first to post along these lines, so apologies in advance.  Having discovered that I can upgrade via Tesco and get the deal I want (thanks again MI5) I'm planning to get the Samsung S3.  My hubby has one so I've seen it in action - having been an iphone user (and iPad) for ages wondering how others have found the switch to Android? I'm on iPhone 4 at the moment so I'm thinking the change will be quite significant.  Also, is there much difference between the S3 and the mini version, is it just size alone?  I have sausage finger syndrome Smiley Embarassed so bigger is appealing, but how big is too big? (no innuendo intended).  Grateful for your thoughts, in particular if anyone has found a good iTunes alternative on android

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Having changed from an iphone 4 to the S3 I look on it as an 'upgrade'.

There really is no comparison.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
My Phone Explorer will knock spots off itunes wink https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fjsoft.myphoneexplorer.client&feature=nav_result#?... I'm an S3 user so am biased but get the S3 slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the Android phones certainly hold calls and data connections better than my iphone4 did which was binned after 12months and yes the Androids can actually be used as a phone

The S3 is technically better than the iphone if you read all the independant reviews. 

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ooooo an android compared to apple discussion.

Could get messy !!

Lol.
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Having changed from an iphone 4 to the S3 I look on it as an 'upgrade'.

There really is no comparison.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeah ok jonsie

The beauty of choice !

wink
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Ooooo an android compared to apple discussion.

Could get messy !!

Lol.

Ha ha it always amuses me the apple/android debate, folk are so passionate about their preference - not that this was my reason for posting (honest!).  It does seem the S3 is The One, and the apple apps that I like the most tend to be used on my iPad because of the size and aforementioned sausage finger problem!  I'll let you know how I get on, and naturally drive you all demented with the 'how do I' posts ....Thanks for the input everyone

Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got my S3 and OMG I love it.   Just one problem so far....I can't put it down.....is there a cure for this affliction Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

is there a cure for this affliction Smiley Very Happy

Yep, an iPhone wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 12