cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barred Phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently had a bill of £287 and another bill of £300 mainly due to data abroad which I disputed and the advisor said they would call me back when it has been recalculated. However they barred my phone on saturday so therefore i rang them up and they unbarred it and said it wouldnt be put back on until at least friday. Today i notice my phone has been barred again, so i tried the online chat as i have no phone where i work and obviously my mobile has been barred. Apparently they cannot do anything and i would have to call the payments team, surely a big company like o2 would be able to allow communication across the whole of the departments. As to barring my phone again, surely these advisors should read through notes applied to my account explaining the situation taking into mind im not going to make a payment until it has been recalculated but expect a minimum payment of £150. Joke of a company!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Without knowing more about how much data you used, we can't say much here, but refusing to pay isn't going to help.

Using data abroad can be very expensive and we're always helping people with ways to keep it as low as possible here.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not refusing to pay, why would i want to pay a bill that is being recalculated and may not be the same price. Bearing in mind 233mb is £287 one month and 33mb is £200 the next. How does that work out?

You'd think common sense would avail when the advisors should know that they are giving me a call on friday to let me know about the recalculated bill, i shouldnt have to pay anything until then.

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tough situation, frustraing for you I can see but O2 like any company will have set protocols in place automatically and with the phone bill being as high as it is the protocols are more than likely over riding any manual updates.

Probably not what you want to hear. Have you spoken direct with the payment team yet as the front end customer service will not be given the power to sort this for you. 

Unfortunately it is going to take you to chase it as it was you that used the data regardless of if you are disputing it. 

If I was you are would work out what you think you are expected to pay and phone the payments team and offer that. 

Let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was after a text message saying you have spent £120 we wont charge you anymore and cap your data at 200mb.

Also how am i meant to ring the payments team if i cant even ring your customer service until I get home at 10. Which ive also been told they close at 9pm.

Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
And to add to that apparently o2 have no recollection of sending me the text message.
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Firstly, we are all customer on here fella and we are just trying to help you out. 

Do you have access to email?

Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh i thought they're staff monitored this, yes ive tried to e-mail them from what e-mail i could find though it said we can take up to 7 days to respond.

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if sending that email as a complaint may give them the proverbial kick up the backside to get it sorted.

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

No fella, they do have moderators but they are not in a postion to get involved as such.

Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yeh thats what i sent it to, just seen on the bbc website that o2 customers are happiest.... From reading these forums that seems to be a lie ha.
Message 10 of 19