Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching 4 numbers from business contract to personal contract

Rob99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 4 numbers on a business contract which, for various reasons, is no longer required by my business. The contract is through an O2 partner and expired Dec 2023. I would like to add these numbers to my personal contract through an online offer via Uswitch. I assume I need to sign up for 4 new sims and then arrange to transfer the numbers but I cannot find any up to date info on the O2 site about how I do this. I know how to switch to a different provider using PAC codes but not within O2. It's critical that I don't lose any of the numbers.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10631 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Rob99 

You will need tor speak to Business Customer Services, or the partner and ask for them to be migrated to  personal contracts for which you will need to pass a new set of credit and affordability checks.. 

If you want to move to a uSwitch deal I would move them to a 30day contract and change them to the uSwitch deal once everything has gone through.. 

Guide: Migration & porting into O2 might help as well

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 10

Rob99
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @madasaf1sh 

I thought it would be easier than that as they are both O2 contracts already.

I tried contacting Business CS and they referred me to the Partner but the Partner has been very negative about me wanting a better deal (which they can't match at all). I previously asked them about how I switch to another contract but they ignored me.

Will I always have to sign up for a new contract sim (x4) BEFORE moving the numbers over? If that's the case then can I just get 4 new sims and then go about moving the numbers. I'm not bothered about a contract overlap period.

Message 3 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10631 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Rob99 

Yes you will need to set up the contracts first and then move the numbers over, but the partner has to agree to the migration to the consumer contracts.. 
You will as I said also pass the credit and affordability checks so whether o2 will allow you to have 4 new contracts is also up for debate... 

Good Luck you will need it slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 10

Rob99
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

OK, thanks. I'm not expecting an issue with having 4 numbers as I was paying for them previously, but let's see.

Not sure why the partner has to agree. If I were switching outside of O2 they'd have no say.

Message 5 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Rob99 

Might be easier short term to just get your PAC codes and move to another network PAYG.

This will give you time to set up new contracts, your numbers are safe and no one has a hold over you.

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 10

Rob99
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 

I was hoping to avoid switching to another provider and then switching back. I did that some years ago and it was a pita with 1 number, let alone 4.

I've had the chance to go through a lot more posts in the community and, although advice does vary, there is a theme that if I sign up for new sim cards, ringing customer services and asking to switch the numbers from the business account to my personal account should work. 

I'll try that approach first as it seems logical. I'm with Aeriel Direct currently and I really need to move away from them.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Thanks all 👍

Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Rob99 

The problem with that is that O2 won't have control of your numbers to transfer, as you are not with them directly.

Hence my suggestion above.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 10

Rob99
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This confuses me.

I have O2 sims, an O2 account and O2 invoices which I pay direct to O2. So why don't O2 have control of my numbers?

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 146940 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Rob99 

I only know what you have told us, which is that you are with Aerial Direct.

Message 10 of 10