Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch up changng

Soks99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 32 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all. Apologies if this is in the wrong area, my first post. 

I've just heard from one of my local O2 stores that switch up is changing to every 3 months now. Anyone confirm if this is true?

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46

Itsalive1978
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Tried switching up at Cribs Causeway....told I must wait 90 days, tried to explain what has been said on here but they weren't buying it 😡

Message 41 of 47

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

Did they ask when you last switched up? As i would be tempted to lie to them if they say so... @Itsalive1978 

Will ask in Meadowhell next week, as they seem to be clued up (or where)..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 42 of 47

Itsalive1978
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 28 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I said it was about two weeks, the sales guy was checking my account, he then spoke to his colleagues who said it was less than that and that I had to wait.

I said if it was less than 2 weeks I said can I use the change of mind policy and they said yeah no problem 

Message 43 of 47

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Thanks all, and sorry if you're having any ongoing problems.

Company-wide, our Switch Up policies and terms are clear. There's more here, but as a summary:

• O2 Switch Up is no longer available as a chargeable Bolt On
  • O2 Switch Up is only available as part of a Plus Plan, and is included free of charge
  • If you had a Plus Plan with Switch Up before 3 August 2023, you'll remain on our 'anytime terms' and can Switch Up whenever you like
  • If you had a Plus Plan from 3 August 2023, you're on the '90 day terms' and can Switch Up once every 90 days
  • If you're an existing Switch Up Bolt On customer on a Custom Plan and the Bolt On is still active, you can Switch Up whenever you like one last time, but to continue using Switch Up after then, you'll need to choose a Plus Plan, and you'll be put on the '90 day terms'

In-store, if anyone is advising differently - then they are wrong have not read or understood the communications that were distributed to them at the start of August. I have raised this internally and we're looking into this, to perhaps send out fresh comms and training to stores. We're also working on an in-store system tweak that will flag which set of terms a customer is on, so that it'll be easy at a glance for the store agent to see which one applies - but that may take longer to implement.

Long story short: If you're eligible, feel free to keep trying - and perhaps at different stores if it's feasible, but we are looking into this internally and hope to remind our store staff soon around the rules and terms.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 44 of 47

MetRP102
Level 3: Thinker
  • 44 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there going to be any compensation for customers that are indeed eligible but have been refused switch up in store? Part of my decision making process to upgrade from a sim only to a handset Plus Plan was switch up, had that not been included, I'd have probably remained on my sim only and purchased a handset outright.

I really want the Pixel Fold which is released today, but my nearest store is 20 miles away and they've already refused a switch up before. I'm also then concerned that moving from iOS to Android will be too much and I'll want to switch back (something which should be possible under the terms I agreed to) to an iPhone... But be rejected and forced to wait 90 days.

Can you add some sort of note to my account that confirms I can switch up whenever I like?

Message 45 of 47

MetRP102
Level 3: Thinker
  • 44 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further to the above, I'm aware of the change of mind policy, but AFAIK that would put me on the new terms should I choose to use that.

Message 46 of 47

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@MetRP102 

Have a look at the trygalaxy.com website on an iPhone,  if worried about moving to the superior Android OS (the Fold is awesome btw). 

If you use the Change of Mind policy it will put you on the new terms as you are cancelling and starting again.. and to be fair the Switch Up, was never designed to get around this.. 

I dont think anyone can add any notes here... and not sure about compensation either that is one for Customer Services to answer

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 47 of 47