Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Student discount not working

Beccabob18
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently took out a pay monthly contract with O2 only 4/5 days ago. I was advised being a student to take out the Unidays student discount. So I signed up got my code and text it to 61202 and followed the format advised. I get a text back saying O2: Oops we don't recognise that O2 number.

The number can be found in your confirmation email or shop receipt, and will start with 07 and have 11 digits.

Please try again, and remember it needs to look like STUDENT, 07XXXXXXXXX, UNI XXXXXXXX

I’ve read a few different posts on here about the student discount and I don’t know whether it’s a combination of the code not working and the phone number. Can anyone advise me in anyway, I have contacted support and O2.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's possible that the number has not yet registered on the O2 systems and that's not entirely unexpected. They have had system issues for upgrades, new contracts and tariff changes last week.

I would advise you to call customer service at around 8.30am if possible as that is the easiest time to get through.

Please call rather than use live chat. Contact details here :

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's possible that the number has not yet registered on the O2 systems and that's not entirely unexpected. They have had system issues for upgrades, new contracts and tariff changes last week.

I would advise you to call customer service at around 8.30am if possible as that is the easiest time to get through.

Please call rather than use live chat. Contact details here :

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 2 of 3

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Beccabob18, there's some useful advice above, and we'd love to hear how you're doing with this slight_smile

Welcome to the community!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3