Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streaming from home camera

Shelf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently bought a home security camera which works well.  Have fast fibre broadband at home.  I can clearly see uninterrupted footage from the home camera on my mobile when I'm at work on WiFi network and other WiFi networks.  However when I try to use either 3g or 4g on my mobile to see the footage it constantly loses connection with camera and cannot stream.

It seems to be that the o2 mobile network will not allow me to stream from the home camera to my mobile?  Any tecchies with ideas/thoughts?

S

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Check in your phones settings that the camera streaming app has permissions to stream over mobile data. If it hasnt you need to turn these on so that it streams over mobile data. Additonally unless you have a good 3G or 4G it will not stream. you won't be able to stream over 2G.

Just an aside note. If you stream over 4/3G it will quickly consume your data allowance

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions
Lots of problems with o2 and blocked ports for camera streaming.
See if you change the port settings in your camera set up software.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Shelf
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. I’ll give this a go today. 

It’s part of the Hive system though so I’m not sure how much control I can dig into. 

Message 4 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Shelf wrote:

Thanks. I’ll give this a go today. 

It’s part of the Hive system though so I’m not sure how much control I can dig into. 

Hey @Shelf, just wanted to check how you were getting on with this - did you manage to get it working? slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 9

Shelf
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sadly not.  Hive View seems to be blocked by the 02 network.  Works on other networks and over WiFi

S

Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

@EmilieT as this has been an issue for as long.as I can remember, isn't it about time O2 stopped denying it and did something about it?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@MI5 I'll make sure to pass the feedback on!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 9

Shelf
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would be good.  I've been a happy 02 customer since the days of BT/Cellnet but am now thinking of leaving due to this and the relatively high cost compared to other providers.  Doesn't seem right to block access to certain ports just because the company thinks so ...

Message 9 of 9