Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi range

getyers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have the ALCATEL POCKET HOTSPOT 4G for my home broad band with unlimited sim card  data package 

and i am getting about 29 mbps speed from where i live postcode [removed], the issue i have is the wifi range is very poor around my house and it does not reack my outside security camera.

please is there a solution.

george tyers

whatsapp [removed]

[mod edit: as these posts are viewable publicly we've removed some sensitive details. Thanks 🙂]

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148614 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28423 Solutions

@getyers 

You need to move the location of the hotspot device to get the best coverage for your needs.

Flagged for number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

getyers
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

is there a solution to my wifi RANGE

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 148614 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28423 Solutions

You can't make it go further. You need to move it nearer to the device you want to connect to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8816 Posts
  • 195 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@getyers wrote:

is there a solution to my wifi RANGE

Avoiding obstacles might well help @getyers. For example, rather than leaving it in a room when the signal will have to penetrate through walls, placing the hotspot on the closest window sill to your security camera would be worth a try. 

Trying to avoid having bushy trees in the line of sight from hotspot to camera is also important. If possible, you want a direct line of sight from hotspot to camera. 👍  

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 148614 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28423 Solutions

So like moving it nearer 😎

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11208 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3150 Solutions

lol, just what you said @MI5  sometimes it just comical..

The best way for @getyers  is to buy a proper 5G router, and not relay on a cheap garbage device that is not designed for what he is trying to do, and spend some real money on the solution such as a Huawei router, TP Link or Netgear router...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 7