cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Posting this on behalf of a friend to see if anyone has any ideas.

My friend has has been with O2 for years. All of a sudden this past two weeks she can't make or receive calls when at home. Signal shows as full but she cant call or text.

At first she thought it was her phone. So reset etc. still the same. She has had her sim exchanged at on O2 store twice in case the sim was the issue. Tried her sim in a different phone. Still the same.

Thing is the phone works 100% fine everywhere besides her house.

Her son is on O2. He has no issues. I'm with O2. I have no issues when there.

O2 customer service have said 'we don't know' every time she has called. That or 'call back in 24 hours if its still happening'. Then they revert back to the 'I don't know'.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree, technically this kind of fault as described cannot happen.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. There is no logic.

It's not that they don't know that's the problem it's the they expect her to just get on with it and are offering no help. She's done everything asked. Switched sims three times. Sent her s3 for repair. Tried the sim in several different phones.

If they can't help then who can? She can't be expected to just keep paying when all they're saying now is 'we don't know'.
Message 22 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem started last week. Grew steadily worse. To the point no calls or SMS can be made or received within 100 yards of her house. Works fine elsewhere.

Her Sim works fine in other phones but other sims in either if her phones suffer the same problem.

Message 23 of 32

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
It can only be a phone issue in that case.

It's wierd how specific it is. If she has no issues in other houses?

Best bet is to try and get it replaced if in warrenty?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 24 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
The s3 is off for replacement. But the issue persists in the spare phone. The HTC.
Message 25 of 32

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Liquid wrote:
It can only be a phone issue in that case.

Two phones with an identical fault?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 26 of 32

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Sorry I didnt clock the second phone part I really do apoalgise 😞
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 27 of 32

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Not at all, I would love to see anyone come up with an answer for this. Smiley Surprised

Message 28 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. First in the s3. They said to replace the sim. She did. Three times. Then they thought it was the phone and sent it off for replacement. New sim went into HTC desire (spare phone) and the issue carries on.

Now sim will work in all phones besides HTC or S3 and no sim will work in the S3 and HTC.
Message 29 of 32

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I've done some work to make up for my stupid post earlier unfortunately not much help neither phones contain any of the same hardware I was hoping for the same rf receiver 😞

I'm determined to find the problem even if not the solution.

Only solution currently is to buy a phone that works as tested.
Message 30 of 32