cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to pay as you go from 2 year monthly contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Just asking for a bit of help as I keep getting told conflicting things from Live help. My 2 year contract runs out on 9th July 2013 and I don't want to renew it or upgrade. I have decided I would rather the pay as you go scheme as that way I am not stuck into any contracts.

Questions: Do I still have to give 30 days notice that I do not wish to renew the contract? One live help adviser told me yes I will and another told me no I won't as I am still keeping the same number on a pay and go sim.  Confused more than ever now.

2) They are sending me a new sim and told me to get back in touch when it arrives, I tried to explain that the 30 days deadline to cancel contract renewal could well be up by then as it takes about 3 working days for the sim to arrive.  I was told not to worry as I don't have to give 30 days notice.  Now, if they send me the sim and I ring them when it arrives, this will activate the sim yes? therfore I could end up paying £10 for the sim top up, and still have to pay the contract payment for the month that is left?  is anyone following me so far ?

Basically this is one big mess, all I want to do is not renew my contract , keep my phone and number on a pay and go sim... is this too much to ask for a bit of simplicity?

I do not however want to be whacked with a early end contract bill, a £10 top up bill along with the bill for the month that is left on my current contract. Can I not just cancel the contract renewal, take the new sim and activate it once the current contract expires on 9th July?  Thank you for any help in advance.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Transfer to the PAYG sim on July 9th. You will still be charged for the following month as your bill will have been generated but you will get this back 14 days later as your account will automatically close when you switch to PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
You DO Need to give 30 days notice otherwise they will hit you with a cancellation fee to be honest forget live chat they are useless ring them on 202
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Transfer to the PAYG sim on July 9th. You will still be charged for the following month as your bill will have been generated but you will get this back 14 days later as your account will automatically close when you switch to PAYG.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply, I will give them a ring today then and get this sorted once and for all. Thanks again

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply, I do appreciate the help. I will ring them today and get this sorted once and for all (I hope)

Message 5 of 5