cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Posting this on behalf of a friend to see if anyone has any ideas.

My friend has has been with O2 for years. All of a sudden this past two weeks she can't make or receive calls when at home. Signal shows as full but she cant call or text.

At first she thought it was her phone. So reset etc. still the same. She has had her sim exchanged at on O2 store twice in case the sim was the issue. Tried her sim in a different phone. Still the same.

Thing is the phone works 100% fine everywhere besides her house.

Her son is on O2. He has no issues. I'm with O2. I have no issues when there.

O2 customer service have said 'we don't know' every time she has called. That or 'call back in 24 hours if its still happening'. Then they revert back to the 'I don't know'.

Anyone have any idea what it could be?
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You are correct - It really is a strange problem.... What phone are we dealing with ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Her phone is a galaxy s3. She's also tried the sim in a HTC desire for a day too. Same issues.
Message 3 of 32

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
So basically the issue follows the sim, but the sim has been replaced twice already? This would indicate something at the account end, but I've no idea what it could be. When you say "at home" is that just indoors at home or does it extend to outside in the garden too?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. The issue follows the sim. It's outdoors too. Soon as she gets within say 50ft of home. She can't make or receive calls.

She did a test earlier after the school run. Kept calling the house on the way home and all worked fine until two streets away from home then stopped working.
Message 5 of 32

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Has there been any changes to buildings or terrain recently? Any work on going in the area?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Very odd one, my money is still on the sim.

Please let us know if you find a solution to this.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. Nothing new in the area.

Her son is with O2 and is having zero issues.
Message 8 of 32

MI5
  • 144315 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It has to be sim or account although I have no idea why it would switch off in one area only. Is there anything on her account like O2 Favourite place ?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
No. She's made no changes at all and has been with O2 for 7 years.
Message 10 of 32